“A hidden gem”
other travellers have booked this property
Open plan living/kitchen/dining Kitchen/dining
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kitchen/dining
Twin room
Master bedroom with ensuite
Ensuite shower off master bedroom
Fully equipped modern kitchen
Family bathroom
Family bathroom showing full size bath and shower
Hallway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Patrick09...
Cheshire
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Marvellous location;every facility needed;great host;excellent base for touring North Down;A real home from home;very restful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
2 Jun 2015
Thank you so much for your great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you get the opportunity to have a more relaxed visit the next time you come! Many thanks again, David
Karen P
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing start”
Reviewed 25 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I was advised by David that he was unable to be there when we arrived but he had made arrangements for Sam to be there with a key. Our flight was delayed from Liverpool by 50 minutes and so I informed Sam by text when we left Belfast City Airport, I also text Sam when we were 5 minutes away. We arrived at Comber Courtyard just before 6 pm, it was cold and dark and no one was there with the key. I rang Sam and got voicemail I rang David and got voicemail. My children were getting annoyed. David eventually contacted me and told me to ring Julie (he should have done this) again no reply. Sam turned up at 7pm and said he knew nothing about our arrival and he would have to try and find a key, we were speechless. Sam eventually came back with a key turned the heating on and was about to depart with the key. I had to ask him questions about the heating and wifi I was advised by David that he was unable to be there when we arrived but he had made arrangements for Sam to be there with a key. Our flight was delayed from Liverpool by 50 minutes and so I informed Sam by text when we left Belfast City Airport, I also text I was advised by David that he was unable to be there when we arrived but he had made arrangements for Sam to be there with a key. Our flight was delayed from Liverpool by 50 minutes and so I informed Sam by text when we left Belfast City Airport, I also text Sam when we were 5 minutes away. We arrived at Comber Courtyard just before 6 pm, it was cold and dark and no one was there with the key. I rang Sam and got voicemail I rang David and got voicemail. My children were getting annoyed. David eventually contacted me and told me to ring Julie (he should have done this) again no reply. Sam turned up at 7pm and said he knew nothing about our arrival and he would have to try and find a key, we were speechless. Sam eventually came back with a key turned the heating on and was about to depart with the key. I had to ask him questions about the heating and wifi and suggested he might leave the key with us.

Now the good bits. There was a nice restaurant across the road so we decided that was the first job before we unpacked and explored the apartment. Food and wine was very comforting after a stressful start to our weekend. We went back to the apartment and found the facilities excellent. Hot water bottles were waiting to be filled, shower was brilliant (big fluffy towels) and the double bed was extremely comfortable. There was everything in the apartment that you would have in your home. Dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer (milk in the fridge) TV’s, and much much more. Wifi apparently, was shared with the other people in the courtyard so it was very patchy. I did worry about how much gas and electric we would have but it lasted us the weekend.
Sam had not given us any information about what to do with the key when we left as there wasn't a letter box to pop it through.

We had a great weekend touring around the local area and also sightseeing in Belfast, open top bus is highly recommended but you need to wrap up at this time of the year. I love the Irish people they are so helpful and friendly.

I would stay at Comber Court again and also recommend anyone to stay here. David I would have given you 5 stars but we were very disappointed about the misunderstanding between you and Sam as I am sure you were. Hope to meet you in the future for that coffee you promised.

7 Apr 2015
Oh dear. Not our finest hour. My apologies once again that the arrangements set up for your arrival didnt gel properly. Probably not helped by the flight delay. I'm glad and somewhat amazed actually, that you were able to contact me in deepest darkest South Africa where I was on a game drive at the time!!! This helped in that I was then able to chase Sam to properly receive you. The good and bad of technology! I'm sorry also for the confusion about the gas and electric meters: I do provide free units on arrival and you only have to top up if necessary dependent upon usage. I understand that these credits were sufficient for your stay. I'm so glad that the rest of your stay was good and you enjoyed the Apartment. My apologies once again that my plans for your arrival didnt work properly, this is the first time I have had such a problem and I hope that the corrective measures I have taken will prevent any chance of a re occurrence. I hope I'm forgiven and I hope you will give us a chance to properly look after you again. The offer of a coffee and one of their scrummy almond scones still stands at The Goose in the Courtyard on your next visit! Best wishes and thanks for your consideration, David.
014AR
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment - great value for money!”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We had a great weekend staying in this apartment. The apartment is very spacious, homely and stylishly decorated. It was very comfortable and the facilities are really good. It's in a nice setting too- next door to a lovely Cafe. We received a very warm welcome on arrival and really appreciated the hospitality of the owner. This apartment is excellent value for money and would definitely recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality of the owner on arrival - hot water bottles already in our beds!! Also very pleasantly surprised by how nice the apartment was for price paid.
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
24 Feb 2015
Thank you for your very kind review. I'm glad you got the opportunity to visit and enjoy the Goose Cafe across the Courtyard from the Apartment: their breakfasts are really good! Did you get a chance to use the Courtyard Salon downstairs? Their hot stone massage and nail bar get great reports! I hope you may get a chance to come back because there is so much more to see here. Thanks again, best wishes, David.
Joanne H
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This was a great wee apartment for a girlie weekend. We were able to relax in the comfort of the apartment and catch up. It is extremely well equipped and David was excellent at showing us where everything was and how everything worked. He even put hot water bottles in beds as we stayed during a very cold weather period, a gesture we much appreciated. He also pointed out local eateries and attractions and there was a well structured guide folder in apartment with information on everything we required. The water in always hot and I liked the fact there are two bathrooms in the apartment. Local restaurants and supermarkets are right on door step and there is a cafe just down stairs. Perfect base for Belfast, Bangor and beyond. We will definitely be back in the future and would recommend it to everyone.

Travelling group: Friends
25 Jan 2015
What can I say other than thank you very much for your generous review! We are always so chuffed when folk let us know that they have had a great time with us. Thank you for leaving the place so tidy, you would'nt have known that anyone had been staying! You are very welcome to come back and we look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully next time you dont have snow to deal with at home when you set out on your journey!
Best wishes, David
Lesley_Fr...
Bicester, England, United Kingdom
“Exactly what it says”
Reviewed 16 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

A lovely apartment with David the host being very welcoming on our first night. It was exactly as described with all you would need to self cater.
The only downside for me was it's position on the high street and the on street parking... (Which was stated in the description, I just hadn't picked that bit up) so it wasn't always easy to park very near to the apartment and when its windy and raining its the last thing you need to lug all your luggage down the street. If it had been sunny it maybe wouldn't have mattered so much!
All in all though we would stay again and recommend it.
Loved the Goose cafe too, which was just downstairs.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Other
27 Nov 2014
Many thanks for using us and leaving your review. I am glad you hope to use us again and apologise that it seems that I must have neglected to say that though our door is on double yellow street lines, loading and unloading at the door is permitted for up to 10 minutes by our traffic warden. Free parking is usually available directly adjacent to us on the street and only occasionally do you have to park at the most 100 metres away. I'm glad that this hasnt put you off returning and I hope we will see you again in 2015.
Best wishes, David.
Damien142...
“Really satisfied”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Very Nice Nice house. Was the first we dar staying there! And we do not regret it.! At our arrival we had the pleasure to meet david., who Will be hère for anything you néed.
i recommend you That place if you are around comber..!
We Will Côme back there..

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
6 Nov 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to put in a kind review. I hope you had a good return journey home to France and I am glad to hear that you will come back again to see us in Comber. Best regards, David.
celticgir...
London
“Lovely apartment”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Lovely apartment with lots of little touches from the owner David to make you feel at home much nicer than an impersonal hotel. The cafe in the courtyard was great for breakfast or coffee in the sunshine. The only downside is there is no parking space, you have to park on the street which can be busy but we didn't have to park too far up the road.

Travelling group: Extended Family
8 Oct 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review, we really appreciate it when folk take the time to give us their comments so we can strive to give the best experience to all our guests.The Goose Cafe is a great addition to our facilities (their hot cinnamon scones are amazing!!) as is the stylish Courtyard Salon where siblings Sam and Alison run their hair and beauty treatments, pampering many locals and visitors at very reasonable prices! (We also have Margaret's "Tiffanys" jewellery and bespoke card boutique and Jacqui's "Sew Crafty" soft fabrics and classes business all in The Courtyard). I hope we will see you back again soon. Best wishes, David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing