We'd booked one of the Cottage suites, and arrived tired after a long 4.5 hour drive. It was a bit disconcerting to find the bride from the wedding party which was going on had had the room the night before and hadn't returned the key, and there was seemingly no spare. We were offered another room to save us hanging around, and we tried that, only to see on opening the door the room was clearaly occupied. 3rd time lucky, we ended up with a fine room, with large very comfortable bed, feather duvet, lovely view, Unfortunately over the function room so quite noisy, but bearable.
Due to this hassle, we were upgraded to a la carte menu for dinner, which was fine, and breakfast did not disappoint.
On checking out, we found we'd been charged for the a la carte dinner, but this charge was deducted with no argument on querying.
All in all, comfortable and very friendly - efficient maybe not, but very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 20 acres of land and overlooking two Lochs to each side, the hotel boasts magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and local 9 hole golf course. Lochside House Hotel is ideally situated for people wishing to tour Ayrshire and the outlying districts and also for those who would like to indulge themselves in The Spa at Lochside. The hotel was taken over in 1999 by Robert and Vivien Kyle and was extensively extended and refurbished to achieve a Four star rating from the Scottish Tourist Board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lochside House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lochside Hotel New Cumnock
- Lochside House Hotel & Spa New Cumnock, Ayrshire