“Loved it!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Cumnock
Alexandria
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just home from a one night at this lovely hotel. We had a voucher which entitled us to dinner, bed and breakfast, use if the spa and a treatment each and I cannot fault the place! The reception, restaurant and spa staff were all fantastic! Dinner was excellent as was breakfast. I had my treatment done by Kimberly who was very friendly and I left feeling very relaxed, we will def be back!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is set in a stunning location but for me that's where the niceties stop the food now where do I begin if any chef has read this menu and thinks it works he should look for another career the combos on this menu are laughable oriental and Cajun chicken strips with chilli jam which continent does this dish come from even cooking a basic British dish like a medium fillet steak they can't get right this place could be so much better only if the food would reflect the business as a whole . The spa is really nice and a real plus point but the food really lets the whole package down please please get some decent food on the menu and some proper combos that work. Also to note the tapas in the spa are all italian I thought tapas where Spanish maybe I am wrong. Come for the spa not the food.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Socialscot
RADGroupHotelManager, Manager at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your most recent visit to The Lochside House Hotel and Spa. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows us to monitor the level of service we are delivering and helps identify areas which may require our attention.

With regards to the restaurant menu the head chef has used old favourites and customer feedback to create new dishes and put together an inspired menu that fits all tastes and regularly receives great reviews on both the quality and choice available to guests. The menu can be viewed prior to booking on our website at http://www.lochside-hotel.com/ to give guests the chance of seeing what’s on offer before arriving at the hotel.
Alternatively, our chefs are always happy to discuss and accommodate any requirements or requests.

We are always delighted to address any issues our guests may have during their visit and would prefer if these are highlighted immediately to allow us to deliver experiences and memories of Lochside that can be treasured.

Warm Regards
Kevin Hewitson
Operations Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My partner and i had a very enjoyable visit to this pictursque restaurant, hotel and spa. The staff are very friendly and the food was spot on. we have since booked a spa day away for ourselves as we loved it that much. well done.

Cumbria
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a visit to Dumfries House. I was fortunate to have had the recommendation of my daughter who used the hotel during her visit to Dumfries House last year. We found the hotel very comfortable and the staff excellent. They were welcoming and friendly and the service was good.

We had a garden suite which was comfortable and large with a good bathroom. There was a little terrace with a table and chairs to sit on. Throughout, the hotel is very clean and well presented. We ate in the hotel both nights and had superb meals which I thought were competitively priced and good value for money.

The hotel is set within a golf course and offers lovely views across the surrounding countryside, so it is very relaxing. There is also a verandah around the hotel where you can sit out on nice days and enjoy the views. I would certainly stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending it, particularly if you want to visit Dumfries House or the surrounding area.

My only tiny grumble was the plastic spoons provided in the suite. I really felt that if you were paying for a suite then you should at least have metal spoons! Otherwise, a lovely stay relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: I chose a garden suite because I thought it was on the ground floor, but in fact you have to descend...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CumbriaSef
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We recently stayed for 2 nights at the Lochside Hotel and spa on bed breakfast and dinner basis.
We had a fantastic time and could not fault it in any way. Service, facilities, staff, spa, food and surroundings were 1st class. Would defiantly like to go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

How anyone can find anything wrong with this hotel amazes me!
I booked recently as a treat for my partner and I... we loved it so much we are already planning a return!
The Garden view room was spacious and the decor was lovely.
We had a light bite lunch, dinner at night and breakfast the next morning... each meal was fantastic. 5 star food!
Must recommend the Pink Lady cocktail.. very sweet but tasty!
Looks like it would be a lovely setting for a wedding :)
The Spa is a must! We had the Back Ritual, but maybe next time I would just have a massage, just my own personal preference.
Definitely look out for deals on itison and groupon etc.. its worth it!

We would've liked to be able to walk round the Loch maybe? That is all we could even think of as a negative!

1 Thank fagie1402
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

lovely evening at hotel, good food and loved the espa products within the spa.

would return again, nice atmosphere within bar area.

excellent sourrounding views of water and hills beyond.

relaxing time away and would recommend for little break away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Larkhall
The Fairburn Hotel
The Fairburn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mauchline

Been to Lochside House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!