Well, well what can I say?? We were married at the Lochside House Hotel on 02/01/2010.
From the minute we walked into the hotel for lunch one afternoon in November last year we knew this was the place we wanted to have the most important day of our lives. The staff were friendly, efficient and extremely professional. We felt immediately comfortable...all this was just a typical lunch...no idea we had came in to enquire about a wedding.
We had lunch, a wee chat and knew there and then it was going to be our wedding venue. After a delicious lunch we asked if we could possibly speak to the wedding co-ordinator. We had a wee chat, were shown around and said our goodbyes. The next day we'd arranged for our parents to come and see it and made our booking!! Deposit paid...SORTED!!
Next were our parents, both sets loved it. Few reservations about distance for family etc to travel, decided to hire a few buses...problems out the way..full steam ahead!!
Throughout the full planning experience all staff were amazing and we were also treated to a wee meal to sample the food (even though we'd been before and knew the food was amazing)
Unofrtunately we had a wee bit of news and had to bring the wedding forward. The hotel were so busy but we managed to move it to 2nd January...we just couldn't have imagined going anywhere else for our wedding day. Anyway 2nd Jan it was .. extended New Year Party!! (also the other people who moved dates and helped us loads deserve a wee mention here the band, DeVille...Amazing...and also our piper booked through Bryce McCulloch and Cathy Dunlop, registrar. Big shout out to Loudoun Media for pics&dvd...moved heaven and earth to help us out and made our day extra special...book them you will NOT be disappointed)
The service was amazing...we'd like to give a special mention to Kevin, Neil, Fiona, Debbie and especially Lynsey, wedding co-ordinator extraordinaire, who put up with my million emails!!! Unfortunately Lynsey was on holiday on the day, however we were assured this wouldn't have an impact on our day. We met Simon, who again was fantastic!!
Oooohhh then came the big day itself. I'd like to thank all the staff who were there at the hotel. everything was just perfect!! Simon was a star, Debbie on reception again kept me going and Karen....what can I say!! Even at one point Karen was underneath my dress helping with my underskirt...a pic the photographers captured quite nicely lol. Debbie and Karen certainly went above and beyond when they got the sponges and water out to clean up my bridesmaid and I's dresses (we'd been out in the snow to take full advantage!!)
Overall it was AMAZING. The best day of my life was made even more perfect by the Lochside House Hotel and their great staff.
If you know anyone with a wedding coming up then tell them to book it!!
I wish I could do it all over again and so does my husband!!
Will be back again for many meals, lunches in the future!!
Thanks again everyone xxxxxxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 20 acres of land and overlooking two Lochs to each side, the hotel boasts magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and local 9 hole golf course. Lochside House Hotel is ideally situated for people wishing to tour Ayrshire and the outlying districts and also for those who would like to indulge themselves in The Spa at Lochside. The hotel was taken over in 1999 by Robert and Vivien Kyle and was extensively extended and refurbished to achieve a Four star rating from the Scottish Tourist Board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lochside House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lochside Hotel New Cumnock
- Lochside House Hotel & Spa New Cumnock, Ayrshire