Sitting in the bistro at Duck's relishing the new menu. Started with a lovely creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup, toasted artichoke on a spot of chestnut purée served in a light white soup. Followed by perfect venison, red and tender served on salsify purée with wild chanterelle and a light sauce. The potato mash was the creamiest I have had in a while with a hint of nutmeg. We had space for dessert so I went for a creme
caramel - excellent.
The new chef Paulo has previously worked in a Michelin star restaurant and it shows. Absolutely a must and worth the wee trip out from Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1638, the eight bed roomed house and the neighboring school were converted into a 23 en-suite bedroom hotel in 1970. All rooms have central heating, hairdryers, ironing facilities, direct dial telephones, wi-fi access, colour televisions and tea/coffee making facilities. In Duck's Restaurant you can enjoy fresh local produce prepared skilfully with care. Other facilities include Donalds bar/bistro with an extensive whiskey collection, real ale and a sheltered courtyard for alfresco dining and drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ducks Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ducks At Kilspindie House Hotel Aberlady
- Ducks At Kilspindie Hotel
- Ducks At Kilspindie Aberlady
- Ducks Inn Aberlady, Scotland