“Great wee Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 East Linton B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great wee Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Jus back from a week-end staying at the Linton, this is a wee gem of a place and nothing too much trouble for all the staff there. Breakfast was one of the best we have had and service was great. We had a meal one night " posh fish n chips " and it was delicious, we were in room 2 and looked out onto the lovely garden. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 2 great view of garden
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent one night at the Linton after a wedding and the service was just amazing. I had actually forgotten to check in prior to the wedding and turned up very late after it had finished. The gentleman who checked me was very welcoming, even though I think I woke him up! The owners obviously really care about their guests and the quality of their stay. The breakfast was excellent - and nothing was too much trouble. I must say that the room I was in was a little tired and could of done with a bit of updating - but overall everything you needed was there. I would definitely recommend and return. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay at The Linton. The room, service and breakfast were all excellent and the location allowed for both a trip to the coast and one into Edinburgh using the frequent local bus service. Thoroughly enjoyable time and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend stay here at the Linton and we cant wait to come back. Nothing is too much trouble. We were late down for breakfast on the Saturday and we still got an amazing full breakfast, with croissants. The main meals here are amazing. We had the steak and the duck on Friday night and the lamb and beef on the Saturday. Portion sizes are great. My husband is a big eater and he was stuffed but he still had to have pudding. After Dawn told him what cheescakes there were he still couldn't decide so she brought him a slice of both. Brilliant girls in the restaurant, Dawn Carolyn katlyn and Nicola. Kenny from the bar was excellent, good one liners and very helpful. A local who had one too many was driven home by Kenny. Love the way they look after everyone. Michelle was brilliant with my husband, got him a coke with his breakfast and sorted him out with his pudding on the Saturday night (he wanted ice cream with his sticky toffee pudding). Nothing is too much trouble. Room was lovely, clean and spacious. Bed was really comfy. We have really enjoyed our stay here and look forward to coming back again soon.x

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and myself have just returned home after having a wonderful two day break at this hotel. From stepping through the door we were made to feel extremely welcome by Michelle who showed us to our room which was very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
We had dinner both nights at the hotel and the food was as good as I have ever had anywhere and I am well travelled.
Nothing was to much bother and in fact George (the Chef/owner) even made us what we asked for off menu and his fillet steak is to die for, cooked exactly to your liking. Perfection. He also made us nougatine ice cream with flash fried strawberries and berries which is heaven on a plate.
We cannot fault this gem of a hotel in any way. The staff also deserve a special thank you, very manner able young girls.
We look forward to returning here again and again.
Well done Michelle and George.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a very fine establishment run superbly by "La Patronne" Michelle Kelso and her very good and willing staff. The Linton has a warm old fashioned feel to it and the food, particularly "The Sunday Roast" is really very good. There is rather a good choice of real Ales and a fine wine list. In conclusion "The Linton" is a must to visit.

Room Tip: I caqn not comment about the rooms as I have never stayed overnight.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Something I always look for, great rooms, great food, great service in a great setting. The Linton ticked all the boxes for me. The rooms are well furnished, well decorated and comfortable. The bar area has a great atmosphere and good beer! The food was delicious. The meat being sourced from local suppliers, which is always a sign of good quality. The staff were really friendly and helpful, allowing me to stay in my room even after the check out time. I have already rebooked.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux
The Crown & Kitchen
The Crown & Kitchen
#1 of 2 in East Linton

Been to The Linton Hotel & Steakhouse? Share your experiences!