“Very reasonable pub food.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tweeddale Arms Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Gifford
Cuisines: Scottish
Edinburgh
“Very reasonable pub food.”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We had stayed in the Tweeddale Arms before and had found it quite pleasant. We popped in for lunch after a day in East Lothian and enjoyed the pork belly.

The staff were very cheerful and welcoming, the decor is brightened by paintings from the local art group and over all it is a pleasant and understated sort of a place compared to the bustle of the Goblin Ha'. Also it would suit the diner on a tighter budget, if I remember rightly.

Visited December 2012

Beverley, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay good food welcoming staff”
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Husband and I stayed overnight after being recommended. Staff extremely helpful and pleasant. Very good value for money, exceptional breakfast including vegetarian option ! Excellent evening menu, thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if ever back in the area would definitely stay again.

“Good pub food”
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Visited the tweeddale arms for lunch and opted for the £6 lunch menu which my wife and I found good value. Lunch menu had plenty options - really what you'd expect in a Scottish pub. Service wasn't the quickest as there was only one waitress and a manager but as we were not in a hurry this was not an issue. We would visit the tweeddale arms again if we were in the area.

Would recommend the steak pie and the crannichan

“Lunch at the Tweedake”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

14/4/12 - Husband and I, who live within East Lothian, decided to pop into the Tweedale for lunch. The service was excellent. Husband's panini and my steak pie and trimmings arrived (45 minutes after placing order and only two other couples in for lunch). The top of the pie was well and truly burnt and the chips didn't lag far behind. We asked that they take the dish away and informed the waitress I didn't want to re-order another pie. But there was no offer of an alternative or an apology. We won't be back and I will be copying in friends and family with this email.