“Musselburghs Little Italy”

Caprice Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Musselburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Caprice is a family run restaurant in the historical town of Musselburgh. We specialise in a Italian Swiss cuisine, with almost 50 years experience. Our Succulent pizzas are cooked in the traditional manner, in a Wood Fired Oven to give them that extra taste of quality. Each pizza is treated with special care. Dough is freshly made on the premises every day. Even the wood used, Scottish Pine, is chosen because it adds the required flavour which lets you know you are enjoying a genuine freshly baked pizza. You can of course see our pizzas being carefully prepared and baked while you waiting for your order, and there are 21 delightful recipes to choose from.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Musselburghs Little Italy”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A welcoming and friendly Italian restaurant filled with charm. An affordable dinner menu is available Monday to Thursday together with an extensive a la carte. Cheery staff and really good quality food, well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014

Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Slacking”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have always used the Caprice for the odd takeaway and never had many complaints. (Usually only delivery service).
We got ace livery on Friday night and I have to say it was dreadful. The carbonara was bland and very sticky. Lacked something but can't quite say what. The pizza was freezing and the delivery took 1hr40 mins. No telephone call to apologise. I called twice to ask where delivery was and he just said it'll be there soon. No explanation.
If I'd known how long it was going to take I'd have drove or walked to get it. Common courtesy wouldn't go a miss. Won't be back I'm afraid. The last few times it's been the same, cold, bland and service is shocking.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Laurabroon14
“Great ”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Popped in on a busy Friday night while visiting for a Funeral in town. We had a great time,had good food & most of all great service from our waiter.cant remember his name but he had a cracking little goatee beard. Thanks for putting a happy ending to a long & difficult day.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The atmosphere is a bit loud with all the cooking but the food is always great service is always quick and would certainly recommend it every time!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Morgano10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Regretful review purely influenced by service & pasta... (takeaway)”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Before starting this review id like to say this is the 3rd time i've reviewed The Caprice. Each time I gave 5/5 excellent reviews so i'm dissapointed by my recent take away experience.

Last Friday evening me and my partner really fancied food from our favourite Italian so decided to order food and collect from the restaurant. I called at 1900 and was told to collect our food at 1935 so we did. My partner ordered a pizza and I opted for the 1/2 &1/2 of pizza and carbonara. We waited till around 1945 before being told we would have to go next door if paying by card so we did.

To me and my partners shock whist paying for our food 2 staff members were almost at blows in a furious argument! We realised that where you pay for your takeaway is adjacent to the kitchen. This went on for the duration we were paying despite the girl at the till telling them to stop as customers were in etc. I normally wouldn't be bothered by such words of hatred but this was at a new level! It was actually quite embarrassing to hear a young man talk to a lady in the way he did with. He used the F word more than Gordon Ramsay.

After returning next door again to wait for our food we seen that our pizzas were ready under the heat lights but still no sign of the carbonara, this obviously due to the venomous argument next door. I didn't want to say anything the the man serving in the takeaway as I felt he might have slapped me with the pizza spade and used my skin as a topping for the unsuspecting diners next door in the restaurant judging by the stress he looked under. Ok a bit exaggeration there but you get my point.

When finally receiving our food we returned home and got stuck in. Our pizzas were excellent! probably the best we've had from The Caprice but when trying my carbonara it was by far the worst i've ever had. It just tasted like spaghetti in water with bits of bacon dropped in. I've had carbonara before from here and it was excellent but feel it was poor this time due to the argument in the kitchen. Maybe it was tasteless due to being diluted from bits of spit flying around between the pair arguing, or possibly watered down from the tears of the lady being screamed at or both!

I will be returning to The Caprice as it is usually brilliant but will be calling to make a complaint before I do as it was truly unacceptable. There could have been kids where we were standing and to see that they didn't care after the poor girl on the till made them aware that we were standing there is very unprofessional.

• Visited May 2014