“Sisters wedding”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My sister had her wedding here on Sat 15th September. It was outstanding 5 stars is no where near enough to say how good it was. From start to finish from the planning to the finishing touches it was without a doubt the best experience of our lives. The attention to detail love and hard work that went into planning and personal touches it felt as though Mr Ivinson had caterer for a family member and not a client I can not thank him and his team enough for what they did for my family and making my sister have thee most amazing day of her life so thank you again. So if you want a memorable and heart warming wedding then there is no where else u should be looking it was magical.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We had our whole wedding in the hotel and I had my reservations after booking it. The renovations were not done that we were told about and Dean was quite laid back about our plans.

The result however was never in doubt. What a day. Dean is cool as a cucumber and our day and night went without a hitch. In fact it was better than we could have imagined.

We used the rooms as well and they were brilliant, really well furnished and a good size. The food and set up at the wedding was excellent. Breakfast was excellent.

So all that's left to say is Dean, thank you and all your staff for making our day perfect. It really was absolutely brilliant

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We were just staying for one night but were very happy with the room, the food was delicious and very generous portions, and the shower was brilliant. Fantastic value for money

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The breakfast was the best I have ever had. The plates were piping hot as was the food. There was 24 in the company I was with. It was very well presented with no hassle. the staff were very professional. Very enjoyable experience and would certainly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I have visited the Ravelston a few times over the years.
I do think there has been a massive improvement since the new owner has taken over. But......
Had a lovely meal in here back in March time, however, we asked friends to spend a Saturday night here a few weeks ago and we were dis-appointed.
We had a long wait to put in drinks orders, then food order! Then for drinks whilst we ate ! It was not overly busy.
Food was passable but not worth the money charged.
If honest the servers were not the most friendly either which made us scared to ask for drinks etc when needed!
Shame.