“Good choice”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We recently had elderly visitors from Canada staying with us and were trying to get a restaurant that was on a bus route from where we stay near Portobello and my wife suggested here. We had not been here for a number of years but decided to give it a try and were not disappointed.We had starters of crab cakes, haggis balls, scampi and goats cheese followed by mains of steak pie, hoisin duck and two sea bass and everything was well cooked and nicely presented by pleasant staff. We thought it was reasonably priced as the bill came to just over £110 and this included 4 large glasses of wine and four pints of Belhaven. We will be back.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank dean and his staff for making my wife and my wedding the most amazing day ever, the service was outstanding and you can not be faulted one bit.
The ravelston was beautiful and our hotel room was amazing. I would recommend the ravelston for anyone’s wedding.
Dean went the extra mile for us and we can’t thank him enough. They made it a day that my wife, myself and our guesses not forget ever.

Thank you ravelston house hotel.

2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 20 September 2018

My friend and I visited here for a bit of lunch and were thoroughly impressed! We ended up sitting in the bar as we've been in the restaurant a few times and fancied a change, its the same food menu anyway so doesn't really matter where you sit. Service was good, our waitress/barmaid was very friendly and attentive. We both had the fish and chips which comes with a small salad and homemade tartar sauce which was delicious and the portions were huge. Can't wait to return to have this again as it was probably the best fish and chips I've ever had!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My sister had her wedding here on Sat 15th September. It was outstanding 5 stars is no where near enough to say how good it was. From start to finish from the planning to the finishing touches it was without a doubt the best experience of our lives. The attention to detail love and hard work that went into planning and personal touches it felt as though Mr Ivinson had caterer for a family member and not a client I can not thank him and his team enough for what they did for my family and making my sister have thee most amazing day of her life so thank you again. So if you want a memorable and heart warming wedding then there is no where else u should be looking it was magical.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We had our whole wedding in the hotel and I had my reservations after booking it. The renovations were not done that we were told about and Dean was quite laid back about our plans.

The result however was never in doubt. What a day. Dean is cool as a cucumber and our day and night went without a hitch. In fact it was better than we could have imagined.

We used the rooms as well and they were brilliant, really well furnished and a good size. The food and set up at the wedding was excellent. Breakfast was excellent.

So all that's left to say is Dean, thank you and all your staff for making our day perfect. It really was absolutely brilliant