“Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I visited the Ravelston with family & friends. We booked this hotel as we asked at the time of booking if we could book a table in the bar as we wanted to watch the Ryder Cup on Sky TV and were informed thus would be fine and our request would be noted in the booking !! We arrived on the day to be informed that they did not have Sky TV and we were questioned as to why we had not booked the restaurant, to which we advised that we wanted to watch Sky sports which they didn't have !!!! Very annoying. Then the barmaid stated our booking was for 5 persons and there was 6 of us. The booking was made for 6 persons and it was only when one of our party suggested trying somewhere else that the barmaid changed her attitude and allocated us a table for 6 persons. We then sat at our table to be served by staff with very poor customer service. The food was good but the staff were another matter !!!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We recently had elderly visitors from Canada staying with us and were trying to get a restaurant that was on a bus route from where we stay near Portobello and my wife suggested here. We had not been here for a number of years but decided to give it a try and were not disappointed.We had starters of crab cakes, haggis balls, scampi and goats cheese followed by mains of steak pie, hoisin duck and two sea bass and everything was well cooked and nicely presented by pleasant staff. We thought it was reasonably priced as the bill came to just over £110 and this included 4 large glasses of wine and four pints of Belhaven. We will be back.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank dean and his staff for making my wife and my wedding the most amazing day ever, the service was outstanding and you can not be faulted one bit.
The ravelston was beautiful and our hotel room was amazing. I would recommend the ravelston for anyone’s wedding.
Dean went the extra mile for us and we can’t thank him enough. They made it a day that my wife, myself and our guesses not forget ever.

Thank you ravelston house hotel.

2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 20 September 2018

My friend and I visited here for a bit of lunch and were thoroughly impressed! We ended up sitting in the bar as we've been in the restaurant a few times and fancied a change, its the same food menu anyway so doesn't really matter where you sit. Service was good, our waitress/barmaid was very friendly and attentive. We both had the fish and chips which comes with a small salad and homemade tartar sauce which was delicious and the portions were huge. Can't wait to return to have this again as it was probably the best fish and chips I've ever had!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My sister had her wedding here on Sat 15th September. It was outstanding 5 stars is no where near enough to say how good it was. From start to finish from the planning to the finishing touches it was without a doubt the best experience of our lives. The attention to detail love and hard work that went into planning and personal touches it felt as though Mr Ivinson had caterer for a family member and not a client I can not thank him and his team enough for what they did for my family and making my sister have thee most amazing day of her life so thank you again. So if you want a memorable and heart warming wedding then there is no where else u should be looking it was magical.