“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Musselburgh B&B and Inns
Egremont, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed for 1 night, free street parking, very friendly hosts, (couldn;t have been more friendly) nice clean warm room with extra pillows in wardrope!!! Good breakfast, great coffee and would stay again!

Room Tip: rooms at back quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia251

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Spent two comfortable nights here, very soft pillow! Elegant decor, well maintained and clean everywhere. Proprietors welcoming and helpful and it was nice and quiet, I never even heard a plane. In reply to an earlier reviewer I have to say that reaching Edinburgh by bus was dead easy, there is a bus stop almost outside the door and more than one service available. Musselburgh also a friendly place and easy to find your way about in. I too did not read the small print and had not realised I had booked Room Only, I had taken it for granted it was B&B as it has been in all of the many places I visit.

Room Tip: .I am expected it seems to fill in this bit too, If a room is warm and clean and has a decent bed an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
lancashire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Booked this guest house Thursday 14th November for the weekend 22nd--24th November.
Had to cancel because of medical reasons.This was done on 18th Nov.
The booking was through booking.coms
. who took my credit card number as proof of booking.
I am now being charged £85 cancellation fee, I have found out this is not Bookings.com who are charging this but the guest house, this is after being told by the guest house the fee would be £20. The guest out changed all this saying that a member of staff wrongly should not have told me that price. BE VERY CAREFUL THIS IS SHOCKING.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank petercaswell
Linda C, Owner at Arden Guest House, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
It really is a shame that customers who have not stayed with us can be so rude about us. Perhaps if you had read the terms and conditions on Booking.com site before you booked your would have been aware that one nights accommodation is charged should you cancel within 5 days of your arrival.....As for the wrong information being given we did on2 occasions explain what happened in full and this was accepted by yourself.
Again before you book with any online site you should read the terms...
Geneva
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

If you want a nice view overa horse race course and the oldest golf club of the UK, then this hotel is made for you. If you want to visit Edinburgh, it is not to be recommended as it is a bit far wawy and not so easily reachable by bus. On the other during the August festivals, many hotels in the centre are overbooked or overpriced, so this one can still be free and convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dominik125
Linda C, Owner at Arden Guest House, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Hello and thank you for your comments. we actually look over the oldest playing golf course in the world.. With a bus stop right outside the door to Edinburgh that takes 20 mins to the city centre and a train station that is 1 mile away that takes 7 mins by train we are not too far from Edinburgh. We are glad that you did enjoyed your stay with us.
Johnstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed for two nights. Room lovely and clean, beds comfortable but no real connection socially. I know its a business to the owners but a little less "stiff upper lip" from Robert would have been nice. Breakfast menu was OK but if I had known I could have ordered fried eggs and bacon I would have done so instead I had the full cooked breakfast of which I don't like, beans, mushrooms or cooked tomatoes. The racing was a brilliant night but would not go back to Arden House.

Room Tip: We are having a three night stay for the same price as a two night in Arden House, so not real value...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loridev2001
Linda C, Owner at Arden Guest House, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, its easy to order from the breakfast menu, you just delete what you don't want and that way you will find you get what you do want. When we have 7 rooms = 14/18 guests staying with us every night during peak season, sometimes it is difficult to chat to everyone, we are sorry if we did not get the chance to chat to you to make you feel welcome..
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I would recommend the Arden guest house. My friend and I stayed for one night June 2013. When we arrived we were met by Betty who showed us to our room and could not have been nicer. A lovely woman, very attentive. Breakfast was lovely, freshly cooked by Betty's son in law and to my request. I am hoping to stay here again later this year. Thank you Betty.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jos1961
Manchester, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. On the positive side there are great views of the race course and the road outside is relatively quite. My room was massive and very clean the staff were quite friendly.
Negative when I arrived late at night the room was very cold as the heat was off, my bathroom was across a landing which was not so bad apart from on my last day there was no hot water for a shower and I had to leave early in the morning. Breakfast was good but the servings times are a little restricted (8-9am), and my tv signal was really bad and the remote hardly worked.
One of the most annoying things although small was that the floor of my bedroom creaked and the wardrobe would make a noise every time I walked across the floor, I know its only small but it got a little irritating by the 3rd day! Overall quite good accommodation my a lot of small things need to be ironed out to take this place on a rung.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TobyRManchester_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Musselburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel
BEST WESTERN Kings Manor Hotel
Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate
Travelodge Edinburgh Musselburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ravelston House
Ravelston House
#2 of 6 in Musselburgh

Been to Arden Guest House? Share your experiences!