“Terrible staff”
Review of The Cuddie Brae

The Cuddie Brae
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Musselburgh
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Cuddie Brae we pride ourselves upon great value and quality food in providing full table service and also the casual bar dining experience. We always aim to provide just what you are looking for.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Spent 2 nights here and in fairness the Premier Inn was fine , nice room with pleasant helpful staff.
The Cuddie brae was an absolute shambles , the first night the service was slow and we had to go and find someone to get served. the morning after the breakfast was just about passable .
the next day we asked for crispy bacon and a hard boiled egg and got pink bacon and an egg that hasn't seen any hot water plonked down in front of us ..
ruined the otherwise flawless opinion we had of the Premier Inn reputation

1  Thank Garry M

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I went last Monday lunchtime. Both meals were terrible.
I ordered fish, chips and mushy peas - everything was cold and the fish looked like it has been deep fried more than once!! you almost needed a hammer to get through the batter and when you did manage horrid grease came running out. My husband ordered burger, chips etc - same deal burger was cold and tasted like it was not freshly cooked that day and the chips were also cold. When the waitress asked if we enjoyed our meal we told her no and the reasons why. She apologised and gave us money off the bill, but we would rather have had a nice meal. So we would definitely not go back worst meal we have had in a long time.

1  Thank TazzyboyEdinburgh
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Decided to 'eat in ' at my latest Premier Inn, after a few poor experiences with the new improved menu in other areas. Service was good, food good and even qualified for a free bottle of red. I tried the butterfly prawns and 10oz rib eye (naked). All in all, £42 for two to diners having two courses with wine and water - good value!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Can't really say much more really it was ok. Not much atmosphere and ok food. We also thought the staff ok just could do with a little more effort to please and make you feel welcome

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here for a late lunch/early dinner. It was pretty quiet and we were served promptly, our main was very nice and we were asked if everything was to our satisfaction at which point it was. Then it all went down hill. Never saw a waiter/waitress again after that point. Sat 15 mins with our empty plates waiting on some service. I eventually went and hunted down a waiter to ask for a dessert menu, he appologised & brought them to our table. We waited a further 10 mins & still no one came to take our order. We were seated in the corner of the empty restaurant & completely forgotten about this inspite of my already bringing this to their attention. We gave up on trying to order dessert & got up and left. Not before waiting again at the bar to pay the bill. We waited & waited & waited. I told the manager of our experience & got another apology. Just lip service no gestute e,g a small discount on the bill, money off our next visit just "sorry about that". Nice traditional decor & decent menu but good luck trying to get someone to bring you anything from it.

1  Thank Gordon M