“Terrible”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Decided to go to madisons tonight as it always look really busy so thought we'd give it a try as it had the kids play area aswell.

When we got here it was really quiet so assumed the service would be great as no one looked particularly pushed.

We couldn't have been more wrong. My wife's grandads starter never arrived until we went and asked for it. The meals weren't terrible but below satisfactory .

We were continually bypassed by staff without being asked if we'd like more drinks or if the meals were ok.

I wouldn't recommend this establishment to anyone and will never return .

1  Thank wezalee

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews on here before booking, seemed ok, phoned to book and the guy on the phone was really helpful and nice, so far so good.

Unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations, service was poor, the guy taking our order was borderline rude, took ages for drinks to arrive and food was just as long. When we asked for the bill it took over half an hour for it to arrive and three separate people asking for it. The food was really quite bland.

Really disappointed as this place could be amazing with a bit of effort. Doubt we will be back unless major improvements are made.

1  Thank wend17
Reviewed 19 April 2014

large menu all excellent and reasonably priced
O A P menu Special offers often 2 meals for the price of one
great friendly service
Couldn't do better

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I booked a colleagues retirement function here and found it to be a great venue.
The room itself is large and modern and the staff were very helpful. The buffet was massive and the food was of a good quality. I would definitely use for other functions but would probably use my own DJ if required. As this was a retirement it was obviously very different to functions he was used to and the music was more for atmosphere and not many people dancing. He disappeared downstairs often and half complained to myself when I joked that it was a nice quiet function to do that it's much better busy, prefer working when it's busy etc. found this quite unprofessional as regardless of the fact we paid the same money as anyone else would have. That us by no ways a criticism of the venue however as he is not their employee and is only something I would keep in mind for next time.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We were in your restaurant on Sunday it was amazing. The waiter on that day was brilliant he took care of us , don't know his name but definitely a credit to your restaurant