“Poor food, even worse customer service.”

Kohi Noor Indian Takeaway
Ranked #34 of 63 Restaurants in Musselburgh
Reviewed 27 July 2018

A family of six, four main meals and several sides ordered via "Just Eat"
What arrived was four dishes of vegetable slurry, with added flavourings.
Rogan Josh was mango chutney and tomato ketchup thrown in, Korma tasted overwhelmingly of cornflour, Bhuna was bland and tasteless, and a Pathia was indescribably awful.
Complaining to the shop was pointless, yes their curries did have an "individual flavour", all four of them bore no resemblance to either many years of experience cooking and eating curries, or to the photographs on the menu, but the voice on the end of the phone could not have cared any less about our complaint.
The same comments appear regularly on the Just Eat reviews page, does the restaurant have a fill-in chef to cover for days off?
Thank you 'Just Eat' for the discount voucher, at least you care whether you deliver quality food.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Couldn't fault this plane atall , being going for years now and the chicken tikka wraps are to die for so fresh and the sauces are amazing , me and my mum also love the pakoras not yet tried anything else as I love the wraps soooo much ! If you haven't tried yet I suggest you should

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

First time ordering here food was amazing. Best veg pakora I’ve had in a long time. Will definitely order from here again

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We have been using Kohi Koor for years and have never been disappointed. We both love our curries and theirs are among the best we have had anywhere. All food is freshly prepared. You might need to wait a while but that’s because it’s freshly cooked to order. Never been disappointed and the staff are lovely and friendly. A gem. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I tried a dishes very first time here finally I found a unmelt piece of ice ❄ . I guess they served me a frozen curry, but they for got to warm it up properly. At the same time they using very very poor quality raw meat and vegetables to make food, because after trying a little bit of curry I got loose motion for whole night and next day as well. I wont go again.... A worst takeaway I have ever been. Guys be aware of diarrhoea , please don't put your self in risk.

Date of visit: October 2017
01316659690, Manager at Kohi Noor Indian Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

We are very sorry about your experience but would like to clarify a few facts. We ALWAYS use fresh, excellent quality meat AND vegetables. Nor do we EVER serve any frozen currys. And so your comments seem questionable at best.

First you bought a single curry and nothing else with it, which seems highly suspicious, through our Just Eat website. You then contacted to complain and ask for a voucher which was refused by Just Eat as your complaint was deemed invalid. You came to see us five days later rather than on the day so there was no way for you to prove your claims. You then told us you had made no such claims to Just Eat, however you are now saying that you DID find ice in your food and DID complain about this, on a platform where it is impossible to prove that there was ice.

We are highly proud of our food and enjoy providing it to our customers so to read your slanderous comment is, as well as impossible and inconsistent, hurtful. We hope that if you are ever to buy from us again you will choose to be more truthful in your feedback.