Aberdour Hotel & Restaurant
  • Pool
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
US$101
Pitbauchlie House Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$167
US$119
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$107
All reviewssuperior roomtrain stationlovely villagestable blocksmall hotellog firesteak nightvenisoncomfortable hotelfife coastlovely mealwell worth a visitwarm welcomestable roomfirst classfeel very welcomestayed for one night
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at the Aberdour Hotel on Friday night,was given a warm friendly greeting when we arrived. Requested a double room and was upgraded to a superior double in the stable block which was huge, thank you very much. Gorgeous room and it was great that it had a sofa in it as we were meeting family who we're visiting the area, so it was nice to sit and catch up in a lovely comfortable room. My only issue with the room was the tiles in the shower were a bit dirty, particularly behind the shower apart from that the room was immaculate.
We had dinner at the hotel and the food was great staff were very attentive and a big thank you to Callum for the banter (he is an asset so take care of him lol) breakfast in the morning was fine, asked staff for scrambled egg instead of fried, nothing was to much trouble to them.
Parking is very limited behind the hotel but we got parked no bother.
All I all a great place to stay will be back for lunch in the future when we're over in fife, would definitely stay again thank you

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Ate here on Friday night, table for 16 as it was a special occasion for my birthday. Arranging with them beforehand was made easy, they even agreed to put on their Steak & Wine deal (£36 per couple). Food was fresh, piping hot and delicious (its not many placed locally that does deep fried white bait!). I had the ribeye steak with pepper sauce which was one of the best ive tasted, and I love my steaks! Service was really good, relaxed, professional and the guy even had a few laughs with us. Will def be back and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed overnight on Valentine's day and chose from the Valentine's special menu in the restaurant.

We had a stable room which was huge. Nice decor and made more cosy by the living flame fire in the fireplace. Bed was huge and really comfortable. I always judge a hotel by how good the shower is, no problems here fantastic water pressure and plenty of it water.

Food was lovely, both dinner and breakfast. We shared the platter starter of mussel popcorn, lobster, squid, black pudding, haggis balls and smoked steak tartare. Really tasty. For main my partner had the sirloin which she says was the best steak she'd had, and I had pork which again was beautifully tender. All the dishes looked fabulous. Dessert was a croissant bread and butter pudding which had the potential to be too heavy after a big meal but was exactly the opposite, delicious.

Breakfast was lovely, full cooked as you'd expect but where was the black pudding???

Have been a visitor on and off for many years, this is the first time under this ownership and they've refreshed the public areas nicely. The bars tidied up and a more stylish place to have an evening meal, the restaurant the same theme but quieter.

All the staff were very pleasant and cheery, nothing too much trouble.

Treat yourself!

Room Tip: Book the superior rooms in the stable block.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
OwnerAH, Owner at Aberdour Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hello - I was delighted to read you both enjoyed yourselves with us. It's great to get feed back good or bad so we know if we are getting it right or not - so thank you. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards Scott

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have eaten here on numerous occasions(lunch & dinner) and can honestly say every time has been amazing. You can have everyday dishes or something a bit fancy and it is always first class. The staff are really friendly and attentive and it is a very relaxing atmosphere

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Called in on complete off-chance while looking for somewhere in the area. I was welcomed with the smiliest of cheery people, which was very disarming and welcoming. I was then made to feel more than at home aside the open log fire while I hit the internet, as locals drank and ate around me. Feeling like part of the furniture I ventured from a warming coffee to lunch, to booking a room and on to evening meal. Have to say that dinner was quite literally one of the best meals I have had in a very long time! It was perfect and the chefs need to be congratulated (again!). Superb experience, everyone super friendly - but not overly or unpretentiously, just very natural and helpful. Barman was jolly, friendly and a joy to blether with. Superior room was v spacious and toasty, though no bath. All said, this was a damned good spot and I would be back in a shot. Top marks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple