“Aberdour a lovely quiet retreat”

and 1 more site!
Aberdour Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aberdour
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful hotel with friendly,helpful staff and excellent food . Room 22 was amazing . Spacious,comfortable and well equipped with supersized bed . Well located for access to both beaches . I would thouroughly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: The rooms off the courtyard are luxuriously spacious and ideal for those with mobility problems
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here on the last day of May. The welcome was excellent, the room was, well, large to say the least and the bed was the size of a heli pad.
Can't fault the room at all.
Bar service was very good and staff incredibly friendly and helpful. We had a meal in the evening and the food was well presented, not to mention delicious. A bit pricey perhaps, but you only get what you pay for.
Would I stay again ?, most definitely. In a sentence, I enjoyed my stay very much !.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Yet another stay, yet again, faultless. This time we stayed for a week but could've stayed even longer. In fact, I think I could live there. Room 21 (it's ours, you can't have it) is so relaxing. I love the bed. It's massive. No wife disturbing me with twitching and snoring. Bliss. The food is the same consistently high standard and the restaurant was busy every night. It's the staff that make it though. Not a weak link, they're all fabulous and make you feel so welcome from breakfast to last orders. We're planning our next visit and we've only been home an hour......

Room Tip: Not a tip for a room, but Kaye does massage and Reiki. Well worth doing, she's brilliant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

It was my boyfriend who picked this hotel, and I hadn't checked the site or the area beforehand.
The lady who checked us in was incredibly welcoming and helpful in helping us to settle in.
Probably had the biggest bed I've ever slept in, and the evening meal was delicious.
if you're looking for a warm welcome, great food and a really nice trip away, I'd wholeheartedly recommend this spot.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraAustin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Popped into the Aberdour Hotel for an evening meal and a drink. My wife had sea bass, scallops on a bed of cous-cous which she really enjoyed. I had breaded haddock, chips and salad. Deserts were delightful too - it's a joy to eat food cooked to such a high standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Based upon excellent reviews, we booked this hotel as a treat due to it being my good ladies first long distance walk 8 miles with back packing kit was sufficient for a first attempt, we arrived in good time and were delighted to be upgraded to a Courtyard room, which was spacious and peaceful. After sitting availing ourselves of fine wine whilst soaking up the rare glorious Scottish sunshine in the courtyard, we booked then readied for dinner.
Personally I chose the Venison and am pleased to state that it was the best Venison tasted after 24 years of living and travelling Scotland's coasts and interior.
We will definitely stay here again when in this area, without hesitation we would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the Aberdour area, either on business, hiking, golfing or holidaying.

Room Tip: The Courtyard rooms are at the rear of the hotel therefore more peaceful than those near the road at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinP1314
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Decent room, excellent nights sleep despite being above the main road. The bar was busy and I'm not surprised given the menu which is varied and innovative. The food did not disappoint either with the "posh" fish and chips being a highlight.
Breakfast was fairly basic though tasty and well cooked.
Friendly and helpful staff throughout

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdour
The Woodside Hotel
The Woodside Hotel
#2 of 3 in Aberdour
Kingswood Hotel
Kingswood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
#1 of 1 in Freuchie
Bay Hotel
Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinghorn

Been to Aberdour Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!