“One of the Best”

Room with a View
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Aberdour
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Room with A View, Seafood Restaurant situated within the Forth View Hotel in the coastal village Aberdour, Fife. Enjoy succulent scallops, wholesome halibut & Fresh Langoustines and many more delicious seasonal seafood dishes cooked to exquisite perfection. Whilst also enjoying the small but special menu you can enjoy the spectacular views of Edinburgh and the river Forth whilst listening to local Classical Guitar player Nick Rees on the sound system (who also plays live on occasion). Every seat offers a view of Edinburgh or Aberdour Harbour or climbers on the Hawkcraig Cliffs. On a sunny day it is nice to enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the garden area or eat Al fresco
fife scotland
“One of the Best”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of dining at this lovely restaurant. First of all it is not easily accessable you can drive all the way up to it but the access road is very steep and narrow but can be used. Believe me once you get to the restaurant it is worth it. The view itself from your table is lovely if you are as lucky as we were with the sunshine.Now to the food itself, it is a seafood restaurant so please do not expect anything other than seafood. The food is excellent and of a very high standard it is not hard to see why the restaurant has won various awards. The staff are very nice and take time to answer any questions you may have on the menu will not be disappointed if you decide to try it for yourself.

Kinghorn, United Kingdom
“Amazing Dinner”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After hearing so many good things about this restaurant we finally tried it with the help of a gift voucher we had received for Christmas. We had an amazing experience here and I can't wait to return.
When we arrived, we were left in the lounge with a drink to read the menu and try to decide what to have - too tricky by the way!
Our table in the dining room was perfect, right up against the window looking out at the lovely views.
For starters I had the Crevettes with the Hoi Sin Sauce, my BF went for the veggy option which was macaroni in a hazelnut crumb - both yummy!
For mains I went for the special which was Hake with a lemon and herb pancake. This was fab, the best fish I have ever tasted - so soft and melt in your mouth. My bf had a steak that he had pre ordered and said it was the best steak he had ever had. Both served with perfectly cooked veggies.
Our pudding was the best thing ever! A sharing platter with a cocktail each! Pudding heaven :) My favourite was the aubergine chocolate cake, while bf loved the mint cheesecake. The perfect way to finish off a lovely meal.
The amuse bouche and sorbets in between courses were a nice little extra.
I cannot wait to return, perhaps on a warm day to sit outside and enjoy the amazing views.
Feel lucky to have this on our door step.

1 Thank EMSM90
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Three times and getting better each time ...”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our third annual trip to the small, homely room with a view restaurant which looks across the Firth of Forth to Edinburgh and Leith via the tiny island of Inchcolm with its medieval abbey. Scotland notoriously lacks good seafood dining experiences so if only restaurateurs would take a leaf out of this book!
Diners choose from a daily adjusted menu dependant on what fish has been landed. We chose the hamper starter for two which lets you sample all of the starters- a highlight was the crevettes coated in a poppy seed batter with hoi sin sauce- plump, juicy and downright delicious! My husband then plumped for a monkfish curry- rich and creamy. I had halibut with korma spicing on a cauliflower purée-divine! An amuse bouche and palate cleanser were welcome additions. We love this place- nothing is a disappointment. Room with a view- flying the flag for exceptional Scottish seafood!

London
“Even better than before”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

On our second visit , one year later, to this restaurant we found the same beautiful setting and stunning views, the warm and friendly and relaxed service and the same completely unpretentious dining experience we so much enjoy.

This small restaurant with rooms could easily be mistaken on first arriving as a child friendly B&B with tired unmatched sofas and toys strewn everywhere.How wrong you would be!

This is without doubt the finest fish food restaurant experience by a long mile in these parts and possibly the best value anywhere.

The food was even better since our last visit. The hamper to share starter was truly mouth watering and the fish main courses fresh and tasty. The sweet offerings were also better than last year and but still need a little more flavour enhancement.

The wine list is small but well chosen and priced to compliment the menu.

In my opinion this is a one star Michelin dining experience without the starch and at half the cost.

Edinburgh
“Fabulous birthday lunch”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had a marvellous birthday lunch here, which exceeded (my already high - based on friend's reviews of the place) expectations. The specialty sharing hampers to start are amazing. Lots of lovely morsels.
The wine list enabled good choices at reasonable prices. In fact the pricing was very good considering the michelin star quality food and service. I would say the portions were on the generous side and it is not often you can say that!

Interestingly I understanding from the manager Hannah that transport can be arranged free of charge from the Aberdour train station (20 or so mins train from Edinburgh so ideal during the festival) where you can be collected and returned. I will be taking advantage of this the next time. There is ample parking nearby but it is a steep walk down to the restaurant (or a tricky steep track for the nervous driver) - absolutely worth it for the stunning views out over the Forth though.

Can't wait to go back.