“Would go back”
Review of Room with a View

Room with a View
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Aberdour
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Room with A View, Seafood Restaurant situated within the Forth View Hotel in the coastal village Aberdour, Fife. Enjoy succulent scallops, wholesome halibut & Fresh Langoustines and many more delicious seasonal seafood dishes cooked to exquisite perfection. Whilst also enjoying the small but special menu you can enjoy the spectacular views of Edinburgh and the river Forth whilst listening to local Classical Guitar player Nick Rees on the sound system (who also plays live on occasion). Every seat offers a view of Edinburgh or Aberdour Harbour or climbers on the Hawkcraig Cliffs. On a sunny day it is nice to enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the garden area or eat Al fresco
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent service with pick up and drop off in the village. Friendly staff, good menu, great service in the restaurant. Starter was well cooked, different and tasty. The wee extras (sorbet, amuse-bouche) were also good, as was the main part of the main course (fish cooked to perfection).
Slightly let down by the sides for the main course, generic (roasted root veg), a nod to spring (limp asparagus) and slightly disappointing potato options. The bread rolls were homemade but not particularly well flavoured and a little stodgy. Dessert menu was innovative in that it was all gluten free however the lemon and lime tart lacked a citrus punch.
That said I would go back, good touch with fish, interesting flavour/cooking choices, great, friendly service and I would like to try some of the other desserts.

There are newer reviews for Room with a View

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The restaurant has a great location with superb views of the forth although I would suggest parking at the parking at the top of the hill and walking down the steep narrow path. We had an excellent family lunch with a good range of well prepared seafood, and the hamper sharing starter was very good. The only slight downside would be the decor and furnishings are in need of little investment. With a little more work on the surroundings this could be something really special.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Wow! what can I say? Where to start? My husband and I have been once before for lunch which was exceptional and last night we went for dinner using our voucher which we got as a wedding present. Staff are so attentive to your every need without being smothering. I ordered the seared scallops for starter while my husband had the fish soup , both were so tasty. My mains was the Halibut en croute while my husband had the Hake which was melt in the mouth .a taste sensation is all I can say.The amuse bouche and sorbets in between courses were wonderful.The lovely warm homebaked roll and butter was delicious. We have enough left over from our gift voucher to have another meal there, can hardly wait. I highly reccommend this restaurant. Takes a lot of beating..

1  Thank Wanda607
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of dining at this lovely restaurant. First of all it is not easily accessable you can drive all the way up to it but the access road is very steep and narrow but can be used. Believe me once you get to the restaurant it is worth it. The view itself from your table is lovely if you are as lucky as we were with the sunshine.Now to the food itself, it is a seafood restaurant so please do not expect anything other than seafood. The food is excellent and of a very high standard it is not hard to see why the restaurant has won various awards. The staff are very nice and take time to answer any questions you may have on the menu will not be disappointed if you decide to try it for yourself.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After hearing so many good things about this restaurant we finally tried it with the help of a gift voucher we had received for Christmas. We had an amazing experience here and I can't wait to return.
When we arrived, we were left in the lounge with a drink to read the menu and try to decide what to have - too tricky by the way!
Our table in the dining room was perfect, right up against the window looking out at the lovely views.
For starters I had the Crevettes with the Hoi Sin Sauce, my BF went for the veggy option which was macaroni in a hazelnut crumb - both yummy!
For mains I went for the special which was Hake with a lemon and herb pancake. This was fab, the best fish I have ever tasted - so soft and melt in your mouth. My bf had a steak that he had pre ordered and said it was the best steak he had ever had. Both served with perfectly cooked veggies.
Our pudding was the best thing ever! A sharing platter with a cocktail each! Pudding heaven :) My favourite was the aubergine chocolate cake, while bf loved the mint cheesecake. The perfect way to finish off a lovely meal.
The amuse bouche and sorbets in between courses were a nice little extra.
I cannot wait to return, perhaps on a warm day to sit outside and enjoy the amazing views.
Feel lucky to have this on our door step.

1  Thank EMSM90