“Friendly and beautiful view”

The Bank - Anstruther
Ranked #1 of 9 Anstruther B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a music gig. Everything was great but the room we had was at the front of the pub which really was a shame because the views from the back over the harbour are stunning. So if you go ask for a room with a view! Breakfast really nice and really friendly staff. Would recommend

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Leanne Claire R

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We decided at short notice to have a night away. We arrived in Anstruther and on a previous visit we had looked at The Bank. To enable us to find out if there was availibilty we had to enter a busy bar which was quite off putting. The staff at that point became very helpfull we booked in and we were escorted by a very nice friendly girl to our room which was next door. The room was dressed to a very high standard. The room was spotlessly clean with toiletries available for the use of guests. Towels were soft and fluffy. We ate in the restraunt for our evening meal which was true value for the money. The red mullet was the best I have ever had and the steak came on a stone which was a first time experience for my partner. Breakfast was also super so a big thankyou and yes we will be back.

Room Tip: No Parking but free parking was available a few minutes away
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizabeth m
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A super place to stay. I would be a frequent traveller to the Fife area and have stayed a quiet a variety of establishments, some good, some awful, some now closed down! When I've been in Ansturther I've nearly always popped in to this place for a drink. Sky sports behind the bar is normally a good enough reason. I had never stayed in The Bank as it is normally above my business allowance, however, this time I found the the rates were to suit, so I booked immediately. Definately wasn't disapointed! My ground floor room, number 6 was fantastic, very big, very clean, very comfortable. I didn't get a free drink as I see in one of the other reviews and now I feel a bit left out! In actual fact I want for a wander down along to the harbour and got some lovely fish and chips in the Anstruther Fish Bar, which is certainly worth a visit by the way. Anyway, back to The Bank, breakfast was super, bagels, eggs, bacon and black pudding, I mean, what's not to like, all served with a smile by the lovely Emma. Great Scottish hospitality altogether!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went in and had a fish supper high tea. Bad move.

The fish was small, it came with some chips, cooked from frozen, coleslaw, red onion, peas and a withered salad. This is food from the 1970's that I never thought existed.

The toast was the cheapest bread you can get, the scones, just de-frosted and the selection of cakes were at best tasteless.

The tables were crammed together so tightly that you had to get up every time someone at the adjacent tables wanted to move.

What a waste of money

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Capitaltraveller2013
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Only stayed one night, wish it had been more.

The rooms were modern and clean. The highlight was the adjoining bar. We were given one free drink with our stay. The drinks after were reasonably priced and tasty.

Parking could be an issue during the heavy season. However, we found a wee lot just a few blocks away

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just stayed 2 nights in room1 and could not fault anything about our stay in this hotel. The room with a sea view had an enormous bed, hairdryer, tea and coffee with walkers shortbread, a safe and fridge with complementary bottled water. The bathroom was enormous with a spa bath and shower and lots of toiletries. We had dinner both nights and the food was amazing, we were served by very cheery helpful staff. The breakfast was so good it filled you up for the rest of the day. We also enjoyed a few drinks in the bar and were well looked after their too. We would recommend this hotel it was the best.

Room Tip: Ask for room1
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My boyfriend and myself stayed here in April. The hotel parking was across the road and I managed to get a space no bother. We had lunch before checking in and the meal was lovely and great value for money. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was rather big and very comfy. There is a hair dyer and shampoo and conditioner in the room which was handy if you happen to forget your own. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area. Friendly staff, very welcoming! Great hotel, would definitely recommend :)

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anstruther
Kilconquhar Castle Estate and Country Club
#2 of 9 in Anstruther
Brackness House Luxury B&B
Brackness House Luxury B&B
#4 of 9 in Anstruther

Been to The Bank - Anstruther? Share your experiences!