We stayed one night at this hotel in mid April. The main hotel and restaurant is located on the street facing the harbor with some of the other buildings set back facing a courtyard. The street is quiet and picturesque. Our room was very spacious and modern. The shower had some of the best water pressure I have seen in Europe. The room and especially the bathroom could use better lighting but overall it was a nice room. Our room did not have a water view. It was a ground level room with a view of the courtyard but we had to keep the blinds shut because anyone in the courtyard would be able to see inside the room. The room was a bit noisy because as people would come into the house they would slam the door and we would hear the door getting slammed every single time as our room was on the ground floor next to the main entrance. There was no door slamming throughout the night but it started as early as 8am so sleeping in would not have been an option. I asked for a Wi-Fi password but it did not work. My I-phone would not accept the password because it was too short in length so I am not sure if it was my phone’s fault or I was given the wrong password. Our room rate included breakfast. The food was tasty. I can really comment on customer service as we had very little interaction with the owners. The hotel does not have a parking lot but parking is free at night on the street and very cheap throughout the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as "One of the treasures of the East Neuk," The Waterfront was proudly opened in May 2003, hosting a 55 seat a’ la carte restaurant. Personally run, The Waterfront has Anstruther’s finest location situated just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina with views over the Firth of Forth. During the warmer months we boast al fresco dining to the front and a mature courtyard for relaxing to the rear. We aim to cater for all tastes. Varied Seafood selections, chef’s specials, children’s menu, delicious coffee and cakes. The Waterfront seafood selection is surely there to impress boasting freshly delivered fish from local markets including oriental scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels and a true Scottish favourite that has stood the test of time, good old Fish and Chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Anstruther
- The Waterfront Anstruther, Fife