Third stay here in recent times...built in around my Cancer appointments so an important getaway for us.
Since the acquisition of 'The Bank' things feel like they are simply 'ticking over' at the Waterfront..rooms are lovely but really due a least a freshening lick of paint. by now.
Breakfast is random..wet scrambled eggs served on soaked toast with no seasoning one day..then seperate the next..flabby bacon one day, crisp the next.. A huge dish of ubiquitous 'brown or red' sauce to serve the whole restaurant...bring your own spoon..bleeurgh.
Evening menu needs some fresh dishes
Am fearful that over diversification will lead to a watered down waterfront.
That would sadden me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as "One of the treasures of the East Neuk," The Waterfront was proudly opened in May 2003, hosting a 55 seat a’ la carte restaurant. Personally run, The Waterfront has Anstruther’s finest location situated just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina with views over the Firth of Forth. During the warmer months we boast al fresco dining to the front and a mature courtyard for relaxing to the rear. We aim to cater for all tastes. Varied Seafood selections, chef’s specials, children’s menu, delicious coffee and cakes. The Waterfront seafood selection is surely there to impress boasting freshly delivered fish from local markets including oriental scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels and a true Scottish favourite that has stood the test of time, good old Fish and Chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Anstruther
- The Waterfront Anstruther, Fife