All reviewsfish and chipsfamily roomitison dealstaff were attentivehigh teamain coursescallopssingle roomboth nightsfirst classbottled waterbreakfast menuhuge bedtea or coffeewaiting staffwell worth a visitcomfortable bed
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a 2 night break last weekend, The accomodation is lovely we had a huge room and my mother in law a small single. We booked on a bed and breakfast deal and the breakfast was freshly cooked, whatever you wanted and staff very friendly. Would have no hesitation booking again.

Room Tip: The resturant gets busy in the evening so book in advance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I have just been to the waterfront for high tea (05/10/13) and I have to say it was excellent.

You get a very large, home made, main course, toast, tea and a selection of homemade cakes and scones for £12.95 so a total bargain.

I had the fish pie which contained a good selection of fish and with decent sized pieces (some places it's just fish pulp). My parents had fish and chips which were cooked to order and very large. They came with a good salad which had apple and grapes as well as the usual. The coleslaw was also very good.

We couldn't finish the cakes as there were so many of them. The scones were hot, jam good and the cream was out a can so ok.

Regarding the staff, our main waitress was fantastic, helpful, cheerful and very polite. We did have another lady being our drinks and frankly she was awful which was a shame but it didn't take away from our visit.

All in all its value for money and well worth a visit.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great spot to explore Fife. Hotel overlooks the pretty harbour. Rooms are to the rear, without views but are in good modern condition and are very clean. Bathroom also excellent. WiFi a little intermittent! Breakfasts good. Helpful and friendly welcome. Good value for money and the adjoining restaurant is the best in town.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

As with all my reviews I tell it exactly how I find it. I do not complain to management as I feel everything should be satisfactory for any guest at any time without the hotel needing prompting to do it's job.

Well the Waterfront is a place of excellence in my opinion. Bedroom and bathroom spotlessly clean. Staff very, very good and the food in the restaurant is some of the best I have eaten in a long time. Absolutely no complaints. This establishment is run as all hotels should be. Even the finishing touches like fresh cut flowers, free bottled water in the bedroom and free toiletries in the bathroom shows the thought put into this hotel.

It is the jewel in the crown for Anstruther which itself is well worth a visit.

All in all a most pleasant and inexpensive break. We will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Arrived in Anstruther on a sailing holiday then disaster..... Fire on boat.

The Waterfront Team were simply brilliant. Sorted accommodation for a full week across three venues as they didn't have a room clear for the duration. Small kindnesses offered with no fuss or expectation and a genuine concern about our welfare. OUTSTANDING!

Rooms excellent all round. Spacious, well appointed, comfortable and mega clean. Great bathroom facilities.

The Waterfront Restaurant attached to the accommodation excellent. Great food, lots of local ingredients, outstanding seafood and so on.

Now the staff..... Without exception the crew were friendly, helpful, attentive, informed, unfazed and empathetic. Quite simply we cannot thank them enough. This also counts for their sister hotel/ restaurant The Bank.

Room Tip: All the rooms we stayed in were great!