As Anstruther residents we eat here regularly for family meals out and for special occasions and it's also a good place to meet up with friends. The Hight Tea option is always a good deal if you can eat that much! I can't manage tea/ coffee, toast, followed by a main such as local fish and chips and then cakes and scones with cream and jam. It's all very tasty but such large portions.
The staff are friendly and helpful and the toilets are clean and tidy.
I often have 2 starters instead of a starter and main, this allows me enough room for a desert. The calamari are gorgeous lightly breaded and served with salad and lemon wedges, beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as "One of the treasures of the East Neuk," The Waterfront was proudly opened in May 2003, hosting a 55 seat a’ la carte restaurant. Personally run, The Waterfront has Anstruther’s finest location situated just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina with views over the Firth of Forth. During the warmer months we boast al fresco dining to the front and a mature courtyard for relaxing to the rear. We aim to cater for all tastes. Varied Seafood selections, chef’s specials, children’s menu, delicious coffee and cakes. The Waterfront seafood selection is surely there to impress boasting freshly delivered fish from local markets including oriental scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels and a true Scottish favourite that has stood the test of time, good old Fish and Chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Anstruther
- The Waterfront Anstruther, Fife