My husband and I stayed here with our 9 month old son through an Itison deal, although I have stayed before with work several years ago.
I can only echo what other people have already mentioned. Staff are wonderful and very accommodating.
The breakfasts are hearty & very tasty, and our evening meal we had on the 2nd night was superb. When our baby was restless during our meal, we decided to leave without desert but the girls suggested we order & they would take them up to us, the same offer was extended the next day when my husband couldn't make it down for breakfast.
Some of the waitresses are young, so you could be forgiven for thinking they might be inexperienced, but not at all. All the staff were very friendly, helpful & efficient & went out of their way for us.
The rooms are large, have comfy beds and decent sized bathrooms with showers. We had bottled water & tea, coffee & biscuits in our room, which was unexpected for a three star hotel, as well as a large flat screen TV. Unfortunately the walls in our room we're paper thin, so you could hear people walking across the floor upstairs, but that would be our only criticism in an otherwise perfect stay.
We will definitely return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as "One of the treasures of the East Neuk," The Waterfront was proudly opened in May 2003, hosting a 55 seat a’ la carte restaurant. Personally run, The Waterfront has Anstruther’s finest location situated just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina with views over the Firth of Forth. During the warmer months we boast al fresco dining to the front and a mature courtyard for relaxing to the rear. We aim to cater for all tastes. Varied Seafood selections, chef’s specials, children’s menu, delicious coffee and cakes. The Waterfront seafood selection is surely there to impress boasting freshly delivered fish from local markets including oriental scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels and a true Scottish favourite that has stood the test of time, good old Fish and Chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Anstruther
- The Waterfront Anstruther, Fife