“Don't eat here, even if starving!” 1 of 5 bubbles

ZAIQA
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: ZAIQA INDIAN RESTAURANT IS THE NEWLY REFURBISH RESTAURANT IN CUPAR. ZAIQA'S CHEF IS BEING WORKING IN AN INDIAN RESTAURANT FOR LAST 25 YEARS. FRONT OF THE HOUSE IS IN HANDS OF ZEESHAN WHO HAS WORKED IN THE RESTAURANT BUSINESS FOR LAST 15 YEARS. ZAIQA'S ROMANTIC ATMOSPHERE WILL MAKE YOU VERY RELAX AND HAPPY. SO COME AND ENJOY.
Dundee
“Don't eat here, even if starving!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We ate here on Saturday 16th June 2012 and arrived at 18:30 hours. Early warning signs were that there was a sign up saying 'bank card machine not working' on the front door and that it was completely empty. In fact they looked shocked to see people. We got presented with a surprisingly expensive al a carte menu- (and this was before we had eaten, more surprising after) and so had to ask for the pre-theatre special (£10 for 3 courses, yes its quite cheap although third course is tea/coffee or ice cream) which was displayed outside the restaurant.

I totally flumaxed the waitress by asking what the kadie part of the tikka kadie was. There were only three variations of meat on the special menu so I was surprised she had to summon help with this. The main man came on and mumbled about onions and peppers so I went for that option. Boyfriend went for the chicken tikka masala. Our starters were ok, main problem was the totally tasteless curries and fact the chicken tasted a bit odd. Boyfriend actually had to spit a bit out and has been very unwell for over 24 hours now and had to miss work today. Was going to phone and complain but what is the point?? The customer service is dire, you are made to feel unwelcome and the curries are bland to say the least. Food poisoning appears to be an optional extra.

The fact they turned the lights up to full head-bursting blingtastic level shortly after we arrived and then blasted an appalling mix of tunes out making talking near impossble, meant overall this was a sensory and culinary experience I would never wish to experience again! I have also been unwell since eating there and it's got one star only because it wouldn't let me put none. Don't do it. Even Iceland's own curries are nicer, cheaper, won't be borderline rude to you, blast awful music and lighting at you, or poison you.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sarah77h

Cupar, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I ordered a home delivery from this resaurant, never again! Similar to the last two reviews I found the food bland, poor quality ingredients and not at all authentic.

2 Thank Bruce144
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Poor Takeaway”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Ordered a Saturday night takeaway in April 2012. Had initially thought that the restaurant was still under previous owners, 'Passage to India', ordered from that menu. Upon delivery the cost was drastically more under the current ownership, compared to prior. Lamb Bhuna and Chicken Biryani were extremely bland; Peshwari nan pretty good. Free of charge were the Poppadoms and Onion Chutney; which the delivery driver made a point of saying they were free; little consolation given the price of the overall order. I have no vendetta against this place, but the expense combined with one of the poorest currys I've had has motivated me to speak up. I wouldn't order again, the more reputable venue in Cupar is alot more reliable!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank muzza1982
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were recommended to try this restaurant and it didnt disappoint. Excellent food freshly prepared and served promptly. Good house wine. A very positive expereince and wouldnt hesitate to recommend it.

Visited March 2012
Cupar, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food with a wide variety of choices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I visited with friends as we are all fans of Indian food and after trying all the other Indian restaurants in Cupar this one was our favorite. We will all impressed with the price and will with out a dought visit again.

• Visited September 2011