“Definite bogey.”

The Golf Hotel
Ranked #48 of 60 Restaurants in Cupar
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here today with my wife and mother in law (a stressful time to start with) so I was looking for some good tasty food to cheer me up. Alas it was not to be. The problem for me was the poor quality of the ingredients related to the price that was charged. We felt a lot of the products had been sourced locally at the nearest frozen food shop. The steak which I requested to be cooked rare was so thin that it would have been impossible to serve it other than medium.

The restaurant itself was located in the main bar, and looked a little tired. The service was ok and the timings of each course was good.

We had 1 starter of ruskolene coated calamari with blue dragon sweet chilli sauce (£5) followed by 3 mains. The sirloin steak and farmfoods combo came to £13.95, my wife had the crumbed chicken (processed?) burger and the mum in law had the scampi.

Included in the bill were 4 drinks, so the final tally came to £45. We felt that the food would have been fine if the price reflected the quality of the ingredients, but it does not, therefore i feel that this bar/eating room does not compare favourably like for like with others in the area eg the path tavern in kirkcaldy.

This is the first establishment that we would be reluctant to return to.

4  Thank fifediner
There are newer reviews for The Golf Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Pleasant enough restaurant/pub. Not easy to park though. Food was well cooked and served promptly. They do a speciality of buffalo meat, steaks and burgers. Reasonably priced, good selection of drinks.

5  Thank dangerousbryman