“Great service,delicious food”

Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Eden Restaurant sits in one of Cupars Iconic closes off of the main street. It is set on two floors and has recently undergone refurbishment.
London, United Kingdom
“Great service,delicious food”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Had lunch there yesterday while up from London visiting my parents. The staff were very friendly. There was a large party so the staff were very busy. Although, we did not have an excessive wait for our food, we were offered complimentary drinks and a delicious sticky toffee pudding.

My mushroom was very tasty and it was a very generous portion. I must confess, I when I saw my Dad's steak pie, I regretted not ordering it. It looked very tasty and his empty plate was testament to that.

It was a very enjoyable meal made with quality ingredients. The Chilean wine we had was very good. When the decor and artwork are sorted, I think this will be a very relaxing place to enjoy a good food and excellent service. I will definitely be returning on my next visit.

• Visited February 2014
Thomas D, Owner at Firm of Eden Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
So glad you enjoyed Elaine. Your dad was speaking with me about the meal as well and was very positive. Sorry the photo frames have not arrived yet, will be up next week. Thanks again, Thomas.

Cupar, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Had a lovely meal, warm friendly atmosphere would recommend a visit. Attended a party upstairs it was really nice as the setting was private and it didn't impact on the diners in the downstairs area.

• Visited January 2014
Thomas D, Owner at Firm of Eden Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thanks Janice for your feedback, upstairs is ideal for this type of celebration. Glad you found it enjoyable. We will hopefully see you back soon. Cheers, Thomas.
Cupar, United Kingdom
“retirement party”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

i had my retirement party at the eden restaurant with 21 workmates and friends the meal was lovely and the staff were amazing well done viv and thank you and your staff for a great night .

• Visited February 2014
Glad you had a great night Liz, thanks very much for taking the time to add your comments
Fife, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal at the Eden”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went last Friday and with a few tweaks and it would have been excellent. Our table wasn't ready for us even though we booked and no one offered to take our coats. Apart from that, we had a lovely meal. We had starters and they were very nice. Another small thing was that our mains arrived within a couple of minutes of finishing the starters and I could have done with more of a gap. I had the balmoral chicken which was very succulent and although it is supposed to be stuffed with haggis - the haggis was laid on the top. Having said that, the flavours were lovely. My husband had the fillet steak and had no complaints. They had a large group in upstairs and the layout meant that it didn't bother us in the slightest. We sat downstairs with a few other small tables and it was very nice. Nice decor and staff were polite. Very good value too - only £55 and that was with a bottle of wine. You must try it.

• Visited January 2014
Thomas D, Owner at Firm of Eden Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Good constructive comments. Thanks Carol for highlighting areas that we need to brush up on. I have spoken with the staff and fully take on board your comments. We can only achieve the level we strive for if we get honest feedback.
Glad that the food was up to the mark. Hopefully you guys will be back soon. Thomas.
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great choice of menus, from lunch, high teas, pre theatre. Food was excellent
Was there for a party, lovely warm atmosphere, friendly staff, definitely recommend and will go back again.

• Visited February 2014
Great Brenda, thanks for the feedback on here. A good few comments from others at the party, also very positive. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Thomas.