“Short but strenuous”

50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Short but strenuous”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Starting from the picturesque village of Falkland walking up East Lomond is initially a steep climb up through the woods on steep steps. However two old codgers who are occasional walkers made it to the top in less than an hour so it isn't too difficult. Views from the summit are spectacular looking across the Firth of Forth and north to the Grampians.
Beware while choosing your descent route. Our instructions led us past the trig point on the south slope to the car park beside the telephone masts instead of to the Craigmeed car park adding 2 or 3 km to our walk. Make sure your route down heads toward West Lothian hill.
The path back to Falkland through Mapsie Den is a delight walking behind a waterfall and through a tunnel (beware again, a troll lives here!) then past Falkland House back to the village.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tyrone321

Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good walk”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Despite being a showery and windy day, we all enjoyed our scramble to the top. Terrific views over the Forth and on East Lothian.

Saundersfoot
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Stunning Panoramic Scenery”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The ease of access to the hills and the well attended pathways with a choice of ascents were a joy for our aged legs to walk and the trek to the summit is well worth it for the splendid views

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“the view from my kitchen”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I see the Lomonds every day - beautiful view from my kitchen window, great walks in the Lomonds too. At the top of the east Lomond (or as we call it, Falkland Hill) you can see across to Edinburg - fantastic!

Dundee, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The Last gasp”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I am not a fit person and I thought I was maybe going to die on this steep hill. I perked up a bit when passed by 2 very old folk striding along all cheery. Then I saw a dog with only 3 legs getting up to the top so I tried a bit harder and eventually got the top of the hill. Stunning views and we watched some people jumping off with big balloon things. It is great but very steep.

Visited March 2013