“Like a breath of fresh air”

Campbells Coffee House and Eatery
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Falkland
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Campbells is a vibrant place to eat, drink and socialise in the heart of historic Falkland, a few minutes walk from historic Falkland Palace. We are pleased to serve Italian Illy coffee, for the perfect cup of coffee. Campbells also serves freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and home baking. Come in, sit back and relax, and enjoy warm pancakes with a choice of berry compote, maple syrup or honey for breakfast, or for lunch why not try smoked haddock and leek fishcakes served on seasonal leaves drizzled with a lemon and dill dressing.Open daily 7 days a week from 9 am until 5 pm, offering breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea along with a superb selection of soft drinks, tea and coffee.
Scotland
“Like a breath of fresh air”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's about time Fife has a decent place to go for some healthy eating. I had a wonderful (not run of the mill) salad!! The service, food and choice on the menu were all first class. The cakes and scones looked delicious but I did stop myself...on this occasion..lol I will return and also recommend this to my friends.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank brendadscotland

Exeter, United Kingdom
“nice spot for coffee”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I stopped here for a break after touring Falkland Palace. He had coffee and I had tea. It was served in beautiful china and we both really enjoyed it. We had fruit and nut cake which was delicious. The waitress was friendly and we were served promptly. The decor is very nice. This is a lovely bright spot to stop for a break.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Emma F
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Most expensive sandwich ever!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was working in Falkland recently and thought this looked a nice place to grab some lunch.
As soon as I opened the door, I was hit by a very noisy gaggle from what seemed like a place full of women! Then it struck me, it's very much a 'ladies who lunch' type of place. It is obviously popular judging by the tables all being full.
I just wanted a sandwich to go. Service was friendly and relatively quick. But, sandwich, coronation chicken on brown was although very tasty admittedly, was the worst value for money I think I've come across. Along with a soft drink, was £5.55. They charged me the same price for a sandwich eating it inside where I noticed side salad and crisps were included. I only got the sandwich on thin brown bread, no salad, nothing. Very basic. As I said, it was tasty and fresh, but dreadfully expensive and very disappointing. I don't mind paying for something exceptionally good, but not over £4 for a take away sandwich.
I won't be back. I don't appreciate being ripped off.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank Leithoceanblue2014
Markinch, United Kingdom
“Delicious Scones”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a drive to Falkland in the recent good weather. Used to go when it was Warbecks. Went in the afternoon for cuppa and had the most delicious scone. Home baked,served warm there were lots to choose from both sweet and savoury.Nice atmosphere served by friendly and informative staff. Will be back. Thanks.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Carol M
Brechin, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had an evening meal at Campbells restaurant in Falkland. The food was first class with an amazing chocolate sweet with edible gold leaf. The staff were attentive and the ambiance is modern and clean. Would definitely recommend and intend to pay a return visit soon.

• Visited March 2014