“Home from home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freuchie
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I use this hotel regularly for business trips. The staff are always warm and welcoming, the facilities and food are excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families or single persons, travelling on business or for pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thanks for your lovely review Pat R and for the kind recommendations.
As always, it was nice to see you again during your recent stay. I am especially pleased that guests such as yourself, who spend lots of time away on business, are able to relax and feel at home here as you say.
We all look forward to looking after you again on your next trip north.
Best wishes and many thanks.
Ronnie.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was best man at my brothers wedding last August. I was very impressed with the upkeep throughout the whole hotel. The food was great and the staff were faultless. Great selection of malts in the bar as well. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Ryssmall14, thanks for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the wedding. We try hard to impress our guests and it appears that we succeeded so that's pleasing.
Hope to see you again soon.
Regards and thanks, Ronnie.
Erskine, Renfrewshire
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Like another reviewer who has recently posted I stayed here recently as part of a group of guys on a bowling ( lawn bowling ) weekend. We used the hotel as a base while we visited nearby Bowling Clubs.

Its a homely, friendly hotel where the staff are very friendly and very helpful. It is best described as a small three star place. Its in Freuchie where there isn't much to do but as I have said the location is a good base for travelling around.

A shared a twin room with a friend and it was comfortable and reasonable spacious. The bathroom was fine although the water pressure wasn't the best - but at least the water was warm. The room itself was comfortable, the beds were fine and their was a wee flat screen TV in the room.

THERE WAS ALSO FREE WIFI - HOTEL CHAINS TAKE NOTE!

The hotel has a 10 m swimming pool which I used and it was fine for a leisurely "bob" up and down. It had a small Jacuzzi ( on a timer) which holds about three and a similarly sized sauna, which I thought was very good for a hotel of this size.

The bar was well stocked and was open for residents, well it seemed, just about anytime. Prices in the bar were okay, typically a little more expensive that Bowling Clubs!

I only ate breakfast ( and was late on the second day - but was still served without question ). I had the full "English" and toast and coffee which was very filling. There were other options, cereals and fresh fruit. Some people with continental tastes may have found the breakfast a bit limited but I thought it was fine.

Overall I was left with a positive impression of the hotel. For a group of older blokes away for a couple of days it suited our purposes perfectly and in similar circumstances I would return.

Room Tip: Speak nicely to Erica!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi Erskineblue5 and many thanks for your kind review.
It was so good looking after such a great bunch and we are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel comfortable with friendly staff.
Did you eat breakfast in McDonalds? You said you enjoyed your "English Breakfast but this is not on the menu at The Lomond Hills Hotel ha ha. No doubt our fab staff advised you on ordering that we serve a FULL SCOTTISH BREAKFAST................
See you all soon on your next foray into Fife.
Best wishes from all of us.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Every week in the 1950's I passed the Lomond Hotel en route to Edinburgh never thinking that one day I'd be a guest.The hotel was much bigger than I remember.
The single room had everything I needed and was clean.
The restaurant facilities and food were excellent and was one of the best breakfasts and dinner I've had in a long time.
The hotel staff were friendly and efficient and the owner was constantly making sure everything was in order.He was most helpful.
The only criticism if I had to make one is that the entrance from the main road needs updating.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and hope to return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karin W
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello Karin W and thank you so much for taking the time to post such an encouraging review after your recent family stay with us at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
I'm delighted to read that memories of the 1950's have been rekindled when you were here!
It is really pleasing to know that you enjoyed your dinner and breakfast so much that they rank as the best you have had for a long time. How nice of you to say that!
It's also great to know that you found our excellent staff (best assets we have) friendly and attentive to your requirements.
I can't, however, work out what you mean about the front entrance needing to be updated. The hotel was built in 1733 and the huge amount of improvements I have carried out since buying it ten years ago have been sympathetic to the age of the building, both inside and out, to maintain it's character. I really want the place to be welcoming, comfortable and not like a modern, plastic "Holiday Express Lodge" type of hotel.
I am delighted, however, that you enjoyed your stay so much and have happy memories to remember that you plan on a return trip. We certainly look forward to looking after you again.
Best wishes from all of us and thank you very much again for your lovely review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently stayed and a great time was had by all , staff very friendly and helpful, excellent choice at meal times, rooms very comfortable and the facilities and hospitality second to none overall great stay and we will be back . Strathclyde Finest Bowlers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Well hello to Strathclyde's Finest and to Grace G in particular!
I'm so glad to know that you all survived your bowling trip to Fife and made it home safely (I'm a bit surprised you didn't leave anyone behind!!!).
It was a pleasure looking after such a jovial party at the weekend. In a group of 29 as you were, there are normally one or two that are difficult to please, despite our best efforts but not on this occasion. It's great to know that each and every member returned home with happy memories.
I am especially pleased that you found our wonderful staff "friendly and helpful". That is exactly what is impressed on them constantly, despite the fact I know they are so good at it!
We all look forward to your next visit and wish your team success for the season ahead.
Best wishes and thanks for your kind review.
Ronnie and all the team.
Carnoustie
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here due to attending a wedding and they contacted us prior to see if we wanted a table for evening meal (which are very popular!) and reserved one until we called them back to confirm. The rooms have a decent hair dryer and heating with hot chocolate as well as tea and coffee in the room which was a bonus. Staff were lovely and the wedding was great too. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello Debsmurray and many many thanks indeed for your kind review.
It's great to know that our fab staff looked after you (they are the best thing about my hotel) and that you had a enjoyed the wedding which really was a huge success, with the Bride and Groom were so happy when they left on Sunday.
It's nice to know that the little extras in our bedrooms (a good hairdryer means everything to ladies in their hour of need ha ha) added to your comfort.
Thanks for your five star review and hopefully we can look after you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The overall impression is of a very welcoming hotel,. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the cuisine excellent - a large menu with plenty of choices. Room prices are on the high side, but there are on-site facilities included in the price - for example a gymnasium and swimming pool which make this an above-average hotel. It is very much `in the country` but for many people this would be an advantage. A short car drive will take you to all the main towns, including the city of St Andrews.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much David S for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
I always say that our brilliant staff are the best assets we have here and I am so happy to learn that they looked after you so well. Thanks also for stating that you were so pleased with our extensive menu and the food you selected. We have a string of superb suppliers (fresh butcher and fish supplies six days per week).
The hotel dates back to 1733 and, as you say, is located in a beautiful village but is within easy reach of Perth, St Andrews (where the prices are markedly higher than ours!), Dundee and Edinburgh so there is no shortage of places to see and visit.
Glad too that you enjoyed our leisure centre and we all look forward to looking after you on your next visit.
Best wishes and thanks again.
Ronnie.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freuchie
BEST WESTERN Balgeddie House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Markinch
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews
#3 of 18 in St Andrews

Been to Lomond Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!