“A Quaint Hotel in a Miss Marple like Village”
Review of Lomond Hills Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lomond Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freuchie
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spotless is what I would describe the location of the setting of this hotel. If someone said to me that Miss Marple lived here or the Famous Five, I wouldn't have been shocked. The village is spotless, has a monument, flower buckets everywhere in bloom (probably the same in Winter too), and a cricket green which is tended to by the most dedicated groundsman in history, come rain or shine. No surprise then that the hotel falls in with great stride with this background. It comprises surprisingly, of a gym, swimming pool and Sauna. It is has a lovely local bar and lounge area which is a great place to mingle with the locals. The food in the restaurant is second to none. And the breakfast is simply outstanding. Nothing is a problem for the staff there and the owners are a delight to chat with.
The rooms themselves are clean and bright. Personally, I think a little modernisation wouldn't go amiss but it doesn't take away from the charm of the place. One thing I would like though, and that is for the WIFI to be fixed.

A charming place which is always busy and very difficult to get a booking as it is so popular. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darren_R_Beckett
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Well Darren B how can I thank you enough for what I think is the most inspired review I have seen posted on Tripadvisor about my hotel and indeed about the village of Freuchie and surrounding area? From such a senior reviewer too.
It truly is a magical place to live and operate a hotel (I have been here for 23 years now) and it's great to read that you found it such a beautiful village. I've never thought of Miss Marple or the Famous Five in that light before I must admit ha ha but so true.
The Cricket Club certainly put Freuchie firmly on the map when they won The National Village Cup in 1985 and the groundsman (who was captain that fantastic day) is the type of person who really should be honoured by HM The Queen.
I am so pleased that you found The Lomond Hills Hotel to be in keeping with the village. The hotel dates way back to 1733 so it too has lots of history and, I am sure, lots of stories to tell!!! Since buying the hotel 10 years ago, the extensive upgrading which has been completed has been sympathetic to the age of the building, to retain the history and character.
Thank you for saying how much you enjoyed our food (especially breakfast by the looks of your review) and attentive our wonderful staff were.
the wifi has now been upgraded so there should be no more problems there!
Best wishes and thanks again....hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Lomond Hills Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Arrived early for lunch as I wanted to take photos of the Baton coming through freuchie the staff were very attentive and lovely couldn't do enough to help me find out when the baton would be there even put lounge chairs out side for some elderly ladies so they didn't have to stand providing tea and coffee. I have stayed here before and the rooms are very spacious couldn't fault anything a wonderful place to visit , staying or eating .

Room Tip: Although I stayed myself I did have a double room and it was lovely,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks carolsteel36 for your kind review!
It was indeed a nice afternoon and once in a lifetime occasion to see The Queen's Baton Relay pass the front door of The Lomond Hills Hotel.
So good to see our hotel residents and elderly villagers excited and turning out in large numbers to witness it too.
I am pleased to read that you feel so at home when in the area, either to stay with us or just to pop in for a drink or lunch. Thanks also for posting the photos on this website to remind us of a happy day!
Hope to see you and your family again soon!!!
Best wishes and thanks again,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have stayed here several times over the last 12 years. Great location and facilities. Rooms good size and nicely refurbished. Even has its own indoor swimming pool and gym which for a three star hotel is pretty unusual. Breakfast food excellent.

Only down side is the occasional lapse in customer focus. For example, one of our party went for an evening stroll round this pretty village only to find themselves locked out at 10.45pm! (All the Hotel doors had been locked well before the stated 11.00pm) so they had to ring on their mobile phone to regain access. We intend to stay again but others could easily be put off by this kind of thing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review, Scarlet-Pimpernel, after your recent stay with us.
It's nice to know that you have, to date, enjoyed your visits so much that you return regularly!!!

As explained to you after one of your group returned late, our main priority is the safety and security of our guests, hence the reason doors are locked at night. Although the main doors were locked, two members of staff and I were still on duty in the bar so entry was gained in double quick time so the lady in question was not in mortal danger.

You were surprised that it is necessary to lock the hotel doors "as we are in Freuchie!!!" to quote you.
I have lived in Freuchie for 25 years and have never seen an axe murderer or terrorist here that I know of, but................. I do not particularly want one of my hotel residents to be the first to come across one prowling the hotel corridors in the dead of night! I don't even know what one of the above looks like.

I can assure you that there is no hotel in Scotland which has better "customer focus" than the management and staff at The Lomond Hills Hotel. Check out our numerous comments regarding "customer focus" and the service provided. on this web site.

As you saw on the welcome information given to you and your guests on arrival (and also on your room key fob) we ask that when not in the hotel you leave your room key at reception. This is an indication that you are not in the hotel. As you did not do this was it not fair to assume that you and all of your party were in your room? The arrival information also includes instructions in the case of emergencies and asks that you familiarise yourself with emergency exits. This is often commented on by guests, as a major plus, who have not experienced it elsewhere. We like to be focused on our customers! It also mentions that if any guest plans to be out late a late door key can be provided on request.

It is unfortunate that the one small mishap encountered led to you downgrading your rating for sleep quality and service for a stay that was for several days.............

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have stayed at the Lomond Hills Hotel on several occasions in the last few years and we love the warm reception we get from all the staff.The food is also great and the staff seem to take changes to ones schedule in their stride and make every effort to suit your needs.

Room Tip: They all suit us
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello 474Henry and many thanks for taking the time to post a fab review.
I am so pleased that your party enjoyed their stay with us and especially pleased to read that our wonderful accommodating staff catered for your every need. It's good to know that our kitchen team satisfied you all with their evening offerings in the restaurant.
Hope to see you again soon!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently stayed & attended a wedding reception at this hotel... couldn't rate it any higher, staff were really helpful with excellent service, food was delicious & hotel itself was very clean & comfortable

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank mrsbund

Dear mrsbund.
It was with great satisfaction that I read your review after your trip to stay with us for the wedding. Thank you!
I am doubly delighted that you enjoyed the wedding so much and your stay with us. I always say that our staff are the best assets we have here so it's lovely to read that you agree we have a fantastic team dedicated to caring for our guests.
We all hope to have the chance to look after you again soon.
Best wishes and thanks again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights here. Our bed was firm but comfortable. Shower hot and efficient. Liked the lime and lemon shower gel.
Lovely sitting area on the 1st floor. Wifi was free and very useful.
Breakfast was lovely. My teenage son particularly likes the pancakes with maple syrup and bacon.
We had dinner on Friday evening, good choice and quality. Husband liked the local Drover Ale.
Son likes Hunters Chicken which was only available on the high tea menu, but the Cajun chicken was served with BBQ sauce as a very acceptable alternative.
Staff very friendly and helpful, the owner, Ronnie seemed to be always on duty.
My nephew's wedding on Saturday was excellent, food good and hot despite a large number of people to serve.
Would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel, nearest the road but we did not have any problem with traffic noi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello BristolBeachlover and thanks a million for your very kind review....from a senior tripadvisor reviewer too!!!
It was great for us looking after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed the fabulous wedding day here with us at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
Bride and Groom over the moon, guests all happy....job done for us!
The new addition of pancakes to our already varied breakfast menu was obviously well received too so many thanks for that.
Best wishes and very many thanks, we hope to see you again soon.
Ronnie and all the team of heroes.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We needed to stay in a hotel due to work being carried out in our house. This was potentially a very stressful time for us, but Ronnie, Fay and the rest of the staff made us all feel very at home. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. They were particularly good at making sure our children were happy and settled. The rooms were clean and well equipped and the food was delicious, but it's the friendly and attentive atmosphere that makes this hotel a very special place. I would recommend the Lomond Hills Hotel to anyone visiting Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Jane G and family and lots of thanks for posting such a positive review, it's very much appreciated.
What a disaster for you all that your house was flooded (hope the drains are now ok).
We all know staying in a hotel under such circumstances is not the same as being in your own home but it's great to know that during such a stressful time, you were happy and able to relax a bit here at The Lomond hills Hotel.
I know the kids, at times, felt that they were on holiday which is so sweet.
I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Best wishes to all of you on your return home.
Ronnie and all the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freuchie
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Balbirnie House
Balbirnie House
#1 of 1 in Markinch
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes

Been to Lomond Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!