Lomond Hills Hotel
US$193
US$187
US$98
US$72
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes(Glenrothes)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$92
US$89
Golden Acorn Hotel(Glenrothes)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge Glenrothes(Glenrothes)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
US$71
PremierInn.com
US$70
Old Manor Hotel(Lundin Links)
US$146
US$115
All reviewsleisure facilitiessauna and jacuzzireal alewedding receptionhigh teafirst class servicefour poster bedkippersnight staywarm welcomecooked to perfectionhome from homemy mumsteak piefamily rooma lovely staybreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked our wedding reception at the hotel in January 2013 for June 2014. The entire organisation of our reception was smooth and stress free (just what you need for your wedding!).
Communication (mostly via email) was fantastic, Ronnie or Erica answered all my questions pretty much immediately.

I remember going in to meet with Ronnie with my groom a few weeks before, I had written a list of questions to ask, however, by the end of the conversation I realised that Ronnie had already answered them before I got a chance to ask!

I am from London and many of our family attending the wedding were also staying in the hotel our wedding night. The rooms are immaculate and the beds comfortable. All my guests commented on the quality of the wedding meal (and still are!), and as I guessed breakfast was just as nice! Some say it's the best wedding meal they have had! Compliments to the chef!

The most commented part of the day was the customer service, Ronnie, Faye and their staff could not do enough for us, some of the best service I have seen. My bridesmaid whilst trying to attend to her young child ended up not managing the majority of her main meal. A member of staff had noticed this and explained that if she were requiring anything later just to let them know! That's 5 stars right there!! The timings for the courses were just perfect and I was extremely happy and content in knowing that my guests were being well cared for.

Gordon and I shall be back in for a meal shortly!

Special thanks to Erica for all her help, what a star!!

Thank you to The Lomond Hills Hotel for making our day perfect!

Sara & Gordon Shields.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

A million thanks Sara K for such a wonderful review after holding your Special Day with us here at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
I am very much aware of the range and choice of wedding venues in Fife for a couple to choose from.
I am always over the moon when they decide to come here and if the Happy Couple and their guests leave satisfied with the way we look after them and return home with happy memories which last a lifetime well.......we did our job as we were asked to do.
A happy Bride and Groom.......NOTHING ELSE FOR ME TO ADD except thank you and a happy and healthy life together to you both.
Best wishes from all at The Lomond Hills Hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Having got married at the Lomond Hills Hotel last year, and having stayed there a few times since, it was the obvious place to go to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Ronnie and his staff greeted us more as friends than clients, and as usual went that little bit further to make sure our special day was that little bit more special. The hotel is spotless, and a wonderful mix of old and new. Where else would 18th century charm mingle so seamlessly with free wifi? The food is excellent and well-priced, and the service courteous and attentive. The village of Freuchie itself is equally charming, but as an "ex-pat" of more years than I care to remember, I could be a wee bit biased there.... In a world of corporate hotels with identical rooms in identical corridors, the Lomond Hills is a haven of individuality. We're already looking forward to our next visit!

Fiona and Ted

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hello Fiona N and thank you so much for your kind review after staying with us to celebrate your first anniversary. It certainly does not seem a year since we had the pleasure of you holding your big day with us here at The Lomond Hills Hotel!!!
It was lovely to see you both again and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your much less hectic stay with us this time around.
I am over the moon that you find our staff as efficient and friendly as I think they are..... Certainly the best asset we have here to my mind!
It's also personally rewarding that my aim of making the hotel totally different from the plastic "Premier Express Lodges" type of chains, in the service offered, the food served and the character of the hotel is noticed and appreciated by a huge percentage of our guests.
Thank you for your kind comments and here's to a happy and healthy second year of marriage for you both.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My kids surprised me by booking High Tea at the Lomond Hills Hotel, as they knew that I had enjoyed a meal here before. It is fair to say that it was a wonderful treat as yet again the food was of an excellent standard and the level of service was also very good. This hotel is always spotless and the staff simply can not do enough to help their customers so that they have a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Catherine S.
Very many thanks indeed from all the staff and from me for taking the time to tell the world of your Mother's Day treat here at The Lomond Hills Hotel.
Apart from Christmas Day, Mother's ay is our busiest day of the year for meals, when the restaurant is booked weeks in advance and goes like a fair all day and well into the night.
It's great to know that what seems to us to be chaos at times, (although organised chaos) to our diners, it is a relaxed and enjoyable visit.
Lots of thought and effort, on the part of our kitchen, goes into selecting special dishes for Special Mums on their special day so it's lovely to read that as a mum, you had a great day.
We look forward to seeing you on Mother's Day next year, or before!
Best wishes and thanks again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spotless is what I would describe the location of the setting of this hotel. If someone said to me that Miss Marple lived here or the Famous Five, I wouldn't have been shocked. The village is spotless, has a monument, flower buckets everywhere in bloom (probably the same in Winter too), and a cricket green which is tended to by the most dedicated groundsman in history, come rain or shine. No surprise then that the hotel falls in with great stride with this background. It comprises surprisingly, of a gym, swimming pool and Sauna. It is has a lovely local bar and lounge area which is a great place to mingle with the locals. The food in the restaurant is second to none. And the breakfast is simply outstanding. Nothing is a problem for the staff there and the owners are a delight to chat with.
The rooms themselves are clean and bright. Personally, I think a little modernisation wouldn't go amiss but it doesn't take away from the charm of the place. One thing I would like though, and that is for the WIFI to be fixed.

A charming place which is always busy and very difficult to get a booking as it is so popular. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darren_R_Beckett
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Well Darren B how can I thank you enough for what I think is the most inspired review I have seen posted on Tripadvisor about my hotel and indeed about the village of Freuchie and surrounding area? From such a senior reviewer too.
It truly is a magical place to live and operate a hotel (I have been here for 23 years now) and it's great to read that you found it such a beautiful village. I've never thought of Miss Marple or the Famous Five in that light before I must admit ha ha but so true.
The Cricket Club certainly put Freuchie firmly on the map when they won The National Village Cup in 1985 and the groundsman (who was captain that fantastic day) is the type of person who really should be honoured by HM The Queen.
I am so pleased that you found The Lomond Hills Hotel to be in keeping with the village. The hotel dates way back to 1733 so it too has lots of history and, I am sure, lots of stories to tell!!! Since buying the hotel 10 years ago, the extensive upgrading which has been completed has been sympathetic to the age of the building, to retain the history and character.
Thank you for saying how much you enjoyed our food (especially breakfast by the looks of your review) and attentive our wonderful staff were.
the wifi has now been upgraded so there should be no more problems there!
Best wishes and thanks again....hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Arrived early for lunch as I wanted to take photos of the Baton coming through freuchie the staff were very attentive and lovely couldn't do enough to help me find out when the baton would be there even put lounge chairs out side for some elderly ladies so they didn't have to stand providing tea and coffee. I have stayed here before and the rooms are very spacious couldn't fault anything a wonderful place to visit , staying or eating .

Room Tip: Although I stayed myself I did have a double room and it was lovely,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks carolsteel36 for your kind review!
It was indeed a nice afternoon and once in a lifetime occasion to see The Queen's Baton Relay pass the front door of The Lomond Hills Hotel.
So good to see our hotel residents and elderly villagers excited and turning out in large numbers to witness it too.
I am pleased to read that you feel so at home when in the area, either to stay with us or just to pop in for a drink or lunch. Thanks also for posting the photos on this website to remind us of a happy day!
Hope to see you and your family again soon!!!
Best wishes and thanks again,