“Great Atmosphere!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 June 2014

It felt like walking in a huge family party. There was a lingering buzz but not annoying. We had pulled pork and it was ok. The host was very friendly; felt right at home.

There are newer reviews for The Bar-B-Que Caboose Cafe

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Unbelievable how good this BBQ was. Great pulled pork, great service, and fantastic live music. The family atmosphere was one of a kind and I will definitely be back. The only part I regret about this place is that they ruined all other BBQ joints for me. Nothing will ever compare! I've been to Kansas City, Memphis, and other great BBQ spots... But dang, nothing compares to BBQ Caboose Cafe in Lynchburg! This is a must stop if you are a BBQ lover!

1  Thank TerrapinBred
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I visited after touring the Jack Daniels distillery. I tried the half rack ribs which were truly the best I've ever had, with potato salad and slaw, the staff was very nice and the atmosphere is quite entertaining. You must have the fudge pie for dessert.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I visited the so-called best BBQ you've ever eaten place on May 1, 2014. I asked for sliced but was told they only had pulled pork. I wanted French fries but they offer none of those either. So, I settled for the pulled pork sandwich and potato salad and a small diet coke. When my order arrived I was disappointed at the small portions that I received for almost ten dollars. The pulled pork was probably three ounces on a four inch seeded bun, the potato salad in a small foam cup with about five ounces of diet coke. All that would be an ok price in a tourist square like Historic Lynchburg if the food was tasty. Not So. The pulled pork was cold and dry. Luckily I had put some sauce on it or I wouldn't have been able to swallow it. The potato salad was tart probably from mustard. I only had one bite of the sandwich and maybe two or three bites of the potato salad and couldn't stomach the rest. Do what I didn't, try the other BBQ place in the" holler".

1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The food was good, only meat options. they have everything cooked so you are in and out very quickly. It is inexpensive. Decent place but not amazing