“Power cut”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Freuchie, United Kingdom
“Power cut”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was here on a busy Saturday night. Half way through our meal there was a power cut. The staff kept us informed of what was happening. We were lucky we had our food when the power went off but it did spoil the rest of our night. People around us were taking food home to cook themselves and getting it free of charge, we were asked to pay the full amount felt that we should of received a discount or money off next meal as our night out was spoilt. Don't get out often as a couple and was planning on making a night of it but we were home before 9 pm. The staff were excellent.

• Visited July 2014
paulbonnybank, Owner at The Bonnybank Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Tracey.
thank you for your review on our restaurant, however I feel that because your night was spoilt
by a power cut, it is unfair to criticise the Bonnybank Inn..
The power cut occurred in the middle of our second sitting, whilst we were trying to serve a full restaurant plus many drinkers, and as the blame for the fault lay with Scottish power, there was nothing we could do to rectify the situation.
Throughout the power cut, everybody was very understanding and sympathetic with our predicament ,and those customers that had eaten were more than happy to pay, as not one complaint was made.
As to the people getting free food, that was given to the customers whose meals we were in the process of cooking, and as a gesture of goodwill, we asked them if they would like to take it home and finish off themselves, so at least they would be fed.
If you had mentioned upon paying your bill that you thought it unfair, then we could have rectified the problem then, however as nothing was said unfortunately there was nothing we could do to help you.
Many thanks for saying that our staff were excellent, it is much appreciated, and we are sorry that your night was spoilt by the power cut, however I can assure you it spoilt our night more!
We hope to see you and your partner again, and please mention you were here during the power cut.

Cupar
“Great food!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

was here as part of a large group, the food was excellent, staff were friendly and the atmosphere was great! Will be back!

paulbonnybank, Owner at The Bonnybank Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Many thanks for your review, much appreciated
By us all.
Hope to see you again soon.
Glenrothes
“Always Good”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It might seem to be damning with faint praise to say that this is the best restaurant in Levenmouth, but it would stand up well even in areas where there is more competition. The food is always excellent and the fajitas unsurpassed in any other Mexican restaurant where I have eaten. The owners are great hosts and the service is always excellent. If I had to find fault, it would be that some of the portions are so huge (eg the enchiladas) that I can't get through them! It really pains me when I can't clear my plate. A standout restaurant in this part of Fife and the fact that it is always busy even midweek tells its own story.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Dougban.
Many thanks for your lovely review.
It means a lot to all of us here at the Bonnybank,
and is much appreciated.
Really glad you enjoy our establishment,
and hope to see you again soon.
Cupar, United Kingdom
“my daughter's 21st birthday meal”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

15 of us celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday at the Bonnybank Inn. The food was fantastic and plentiful. Prices were very reasonable. Doggy bags were provided if needed. The staff were very attentive and made my daughter feel very special. Everyone enjoyed the meal and we all would go back again. Thank you to all the Bonnybank Inn staff for making Amy's birthday very enjoyable and memorable.

• Visited June 2014
Hi Amy.
Really glad all of you enjoyed your daughters
21st birthday party with us, it was a pleasure
Looking after all of you.
Many thanks for your kind comments.
Kind regards from us all,and hope to see you again.
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I haven't long moved to the area and this was the first restaurant I have been to with my partner. The waitress' delivered our meal happily and always with a smile. They always asked if everything was ok and made sure we were enjoying our meal. The meal that myself and my partner ordered was different from each other but both equally as tasty, succulent and mouth watering as one anothers. We will definitely be going back, one of the best meals I have had.

• Visited May 2014
paulbonnybank, Owner at The Bonnybank Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi Andy.
Glad you enjoyed your meal with us,
And thank you for your kind comments.
Look forward to seeing you again.