“Saturday Lunch”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This farm shop is a great find with excellent fresh produce along with a good reasonably priced gift section. The restaurant when we arrived was very busy and the only down side was that there was a twenty minute wait. Once seated we selected a main dish from the menu which was excellent and good value. Although not sampled, the cake counter looked wonderfully tempting so we must return for morning coffee and a cake sometime. It should be noted however that the Farm shop in closed on Sundays.

1  Thank JGBEdin

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I visited these premises for lunch and was very surprised to see it so busy. However it was well run and the staff were very attentive and polite. Nothing seemed to be any trouble. My wife requested a tuna only panini and this was given despite the fact it was not on the menu. I had steak pie and although I had to wait a little, it was very tasty and thoroughly enjoyed. We were served by a young lady named Shannon who was very efficient. I had previously enjoyed a scone and coffee one morning months ago and decided to try their lunch menu which was very varied and would definitely return at some point and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Travelled here on a friend's recommendation to try the mince and potatoes for lunch, only to discover it was not on the menu! Ordered a jacket potato with tuna and sweet corn, a scone and earl grey tea, to be told there would be a 10 minute delay for food. (It was busy, but not all tables were occupied - short staffed in the kitchen?) when the tea arrived, it was so weak, that my wife had to fetch an additional tea bag. The tea came with a tiny jug of milk barely enough for one person. (We could have got up again and requested more milk, but should that be necessary in the first place?)
When the food did arrive, the potato was very dry, the salad portion was tiny and had no dressing. Although the potato was a good size, the tuna and sweet corn portion was minimal and did not cover the potato.
Oh, dear! If it wasn't for the fact that their shop sells Stornaway black pudding, I couldn't see us returning. Portion sizes and quality are much better at Rejects in Kirkcaldy.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Blacketyside is one of those hidden gems Fife is so renowned for, its Farm Shop sells only the freshest and best and their fruit is second to none.

What makes it a great package worthy of the visit is what the chefs can do with those precious ingredients and some imagination, whether it is a snack, a bowl of soup or a meal it never5 disappoints.

The best bit....you can even buy some of the dishes to take home, my recommendation has to be their homemade Lasagne...

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a wee look and to get some strawberries and also home made jam. It started pouring down when we were there so we decided to go into the cafe. I had a hot chocolate with mashmallows and my dad had a cream tea. They were both really good.
The prices seemed reasonable and service quite quick. Will definitely return.

3  Thank kosconli