Free cancellation until 21/07
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$101
Marviks(Leven)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgroupon dealfish and chipssea viewboth nightsa bit tiredsound of the waveseast neukbedroom windowshort breakrailway inndog friendly hotelevening mealstaff were very friendlyburgerkippersbar lunchrestaurant upstairs
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We booked a two night DB+B break here and were very impressed with the beautiful location and the really friendly staff. It was ideal for us and our two furry friends with a pet friendly policy and easy access to the lovely sandy beach. The room was perfect large and warm with a nicely appointed on suite shower room. The two small windows overlooked the beach and at high tide the sea came right up to the rocks below, At night falling asleep to the sounds of the sea on the massive super king sized bed. Because it was still low season and we wanted a relaxing break we decided to eat dinner in the lounge bar on both nights instead of the very comfortable and interestingly themed restaurant.
The food was of a very high standard with plenty of choice even for my sometimes difficult to cater for veggie wife.
If we had wanted we could have even brought the dogs down with us and enjoyed the same excellent food in the bright and welcoming bar. I will definitely be returning again in the future for another refreshing break.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I'd like to thank all the staff at The Crusoe for making me feel so welcome. They couldn't have been more helpful. The room was comfortable with everything I'd expect - free WIFI, tea, coffee, super comfy bed, telly and a sea view. If you're looking for somewhere to use as a base for walking along the beautiful East Neuk coastal route this is probably the best choice as you can walk into Elie then catch the bus back. The food served by the hotel is of the highest quality and I really love the fish and chips. Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank zooropa66
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just come back from a trip over to Fife to have an early tea at the Crusoe hotel Lundin Links. Fish and chips in a "news paper" yes that is how it is delivered to your table. Sooo tasty ,with mushy peas. I am a Fifer, but now live in Grangemouth, but go back jut to visit The Crusoe. Anyone travelling the costal route will have a wonderful time visiting here Bon appetite

Room Tip: All rooms look out over the Forth. So take your pick
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Margaret V
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed the night after the Scotland-Australia test at Murrayfield. We were looking for an out of the way hotel where we could easily play a round of golf the next day and fortunately we found the Crusoe. There were many reviews mentioning the need to give the hotel a facelift but experience has shown that one should rarely use this as a decision criterion. For us, cleanliness reigns supreme with a close second for the bed and then service.

The room we had was just fine! Clean and tidy with a wonderfully comfortable bed, the room had a large screen monitor(for those who preferred to watch TV) and a....ok, a bit cheesy electric fire place but what the....... The staff were excellent and had arranged a late supper for us as we would be returning back to the hotel after the rugby match when the restaurant was closed. We took the specials of the day and were not disappointed, goat cheese salad with a soup and Thai curry. In addition, they had arranged a tee time for us at the nearby Lundin Links for the following morning. How often can you remember getting this kind of service anywhere?

The beer selection in the pub was a bit disappointing as they had all the usual name brands but none from any of the local micro breweries in the area. I would say the wine selection was a bit flat too but I understand the hesitancy to offer more variety.

All in all, did we enjoy ourselves and was this good value for money? Yes!!

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a firth view room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gweilow
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Hotel does need updating ,I visited it recently and had read some of the mixed reviews ,but was pleasantly surprised by the attentive and friendly staff.
The lunch menu was typical pub lunch fayre, I had beer battered fish and my partner had steak and kidney pie with tatties and seasonal veg. The food was tasty and the beer batter was golden and crisy with homemade chips and tartar sauce,and the steak and kidney pie was tender with large pieces of meat and a good puff pastry on top.
On saturday afternoon that we had visited the pub lounge was well attended and there was a nice atmosphere ,with the sun streaming into the place from the big windows overlooking the harbour.
My only negative is that the lounge had two big television screens on showing football games but a least the volume had been turned down.
Had to visit the ladies before leaving and the toilets were gleaming another positive for me.
It is a lovely spot ,hopefully the hotel think about upgrading it surrounds too,but I would return for lunch again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family