“4-stars food”
Review of Ferrybridge Hotel

Ferrybridge Hotel
Cuisines: Bar, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in North Queensferry near Edinburgh underneath the Bridges.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“4-stars food”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I went for a lunch at this hotel restaurant after my visit to the deep sea world. I opted for a 2 courses meal and a glass of blackcurrant juice and it costed my 12 quids. It was a bit pricey for a student traveller like me but I was so hungry that I decided to spoil myself once in a while. It was a cold day so I chose a seat next to a fireplace. The lady who served me was friendly and we shared a small talk about the weather and some other things. I had a bowl of 'soup of the day' and a plate of over-cooked salmon. The home-made bread that came with the soup was superb! Soft and crunchy at the same time! The soup was called ginger carrot soup. I spent almost 2 hours on my food. I played with my iPad and I felt so at ease.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My husband an I went to this restaurant for New Year's Eve. Food was delicious, we started with a glass of fizz on arrival and canapes, then seared scallops, which were really lovely, my hubby had steak and I had turkey with all the trimmings for main course, then finished the meal with a cheeseboard for dessert. Condidering the date the cost was very reasonable and the staff were very friendly. A lovely little restaurant. This is also a lovely little hotel on the banks of the Forth, just a stones throw from the famous Forth Rail Bridge. what more could you ask.......they even have a wonderful roaring fire in the cosy bar during the winter.......bliss!

• Visited December 2012
Inverkeithing
“Lovely dinner with the family”
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

We hadn't been to the Ferrybridge for years and I have no idea why we stopped. The food was lovely with good choices for all the family. Mum was delighted with her fish pie, my daughter loved her steak and I had mushrooms on broche for starter which tasted of mushrooms for once! Well priced and nicely served. PS have the sticky toffee pudding!

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Charming Historic Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We recently had dinner at the Ferrybridge Hotel Restaurant in Nov. 2012.
Upon entering the restaurant, we were invited to warm up by the cozy fire in the bar area, where we ordered a drink. After ordering dinner, we were escorted to a lovely table by the window.
We were the only people in the restaurant that night, yet it was set up with lit candles on every table, adding to the romantic aura of an old hotel restaurant.

The meal was excellent! I ordered the Grilled Blue Cheese mushrooms as an appetizer which were out of this world. Both of our meals were obviously freshly prepared, despite being the only patrons, and we both splurged on dessert. My husband ordered the Sticky Toffee Pudding, and I had the Banoffee Pie ginger base, which was fabulous!

I'll agree with a previous review that the furniture is a bit worn, but in the evening, by candlelight, that would not be noticeable unless you were looking for that.

The atmosphere was truly delightful. The bathrooms were clean.
The prices were reasonable.
The food was delicious.
The staff was attentive and very pleasant.
I highly recommend dinner at this historic restaurant in North Queensferry.

• Visited November 2012
“This is a friendly place to stop into.”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

As a walker walking the coastal path this is a great place to just stop for a drink. The staff are very friendly and helpful

I have seen food being served but as yet have not eaten here, but I think I will some time soon.

They say they have a beer garden but what they really mean is a few tables on the pavement where there is always cars parked and people passing so you would not want to really sit there unless the sun was beating down and inside was too warm.

That said I enjoyed my visit and will return.

Visited July 2012