“Very Enjoyable Visit.”
Review of Deep Sea World

Deep Sea World
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Sea World is located underneath the iconic Forth Rail Bridge, in the quaint village of North Queensferry. Deep Sea World is one of the premier attractions in Scotland, offering fun for the whole family, no matter what their age. Come along and see our spectacular underwater tunnel and come face to face with one of Europe's largest collection of Sand Tiger sharks and even dive with them...If you're feeling brave enough!
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I went here on a bit of a whim, it has been a long time since I was here last and I have to say I really enjoyed it.

Got here early and was greeted by friendly and helpful staff. It was pleasantly quiet when I arrived so had a slow stroll around until the Piranhas were fed. Whilst they were being fed a member of staff gave an interesting talk about them which gave a bit more depth to the experience.

Once that was done I headed to the tunnel and it was much better than I remembered! I took lots of photos in the tunnel shame it was a bit dark in some areas but that is to be expected as that is what some species of fish prefer.

It was then time for the seal feeding which was accompanied by a talk about the seals and what they handlers were doing. Which I found very interesting.

I did not eat in the cafe as by the time I had finished my final walk round it was starting to get a bit busy but there were still lots of seats available.

On the whole I had a very good time and was impressed by the staff and exhibits.

1  Thank Michael L
AllanBer, Visitor Services at Deep Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Good afternoon and thank you very for much for a five-star review.

I am extremely please to read that you enjoyed your visit and found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and also that you were able to join in with our many interactive talks and feeding sessions.

Thank you for posting one of your excellent photos so that our other customers can see how amazing our Sand Tiger Sharks look from the viewing area in our underwater safari.

Thank you again for a fantastic review, I am very pleased that we were able to contribute to such a brilliant day out.

Kind Regards,
Allan

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Visited deep sea world on a cold rainy day as an alternative to visiting Edinburgh zoo, and had a great time! There are lots of things to see and also lots of interesting talks and demonstrations. Seal feeding was a highlight :). The underwater tunnel with the conveyor belt was very good lots of big sharks and other creatures!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were a little reticent about going, my fiancée read some negative reviews and wasn't sure and as I have a degree in marine biology I was a bit unsure. However, we were not there long before we discovered how much it had to offer. On arrival we were welcomed by smiling staff and told the seal feeding was about to begin. This was accompanied by an interesting commentary and the seals were encouraged to play with various objects, not for our fun but for the animals' mental stimulation.

Inside are exhibits of tropical marine and freshwater fishes, amphibians and reptiles, some displays were geographically based. The information alongside each exhibit was concise and well written with a summary information panel included. The tunnel with the temperate marine collection including significantly sized sharks was very interesting. One could travel round on a moving walkway or take your time on the static walkway.

If I could make one observation, it is called Deep Sea World but the sea is about more than fish, I would love to have seen more bivalve and monovalve shellfish, a wider range of other invertebrates such as sea squirts and more anemones including my beloved Anemonia sulcata (Snakelocks anemone) along with good information boards. A little more about the oceans in general would be good and perhaps some good child friendly books in the shops would be good.

However, these latter observations are suggestions for enhancement to an already excellent attraction.

P.S. We never expected monkeys, not even sea monkeys although sea lions weren't beyond the realm of reasonable expectation :-)

1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just home from an amazing shark dive encounter at Deep Sea World North Queensferry. The dive itself was amazing,the qualified divers that took us where so proffessional and made me feel 100% safe aswell as msking the dive such a fun experiance. The staff who looked after my spectators im told where so knowledgeable and really made my spectators day giving them a full tour of the centre. Would recommend this to anyone who is looking for that special/different gift to buy someome. Im currently in process of booking another two dives for family members. Thank you Deep Sea World.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I visited Deep Sea World with high hopes but was extremely disappointed.There were a large number of fish and sharks but I would have liked to have seen a greater variety of animals.They didn't even have monkeys or lions!I didn't expect the world (although I paid it) but no monkeys?Very poor.Deep Sea World will really have to step up it's game if it wants to compete with the fantastic Edinburgh Zoo.
After a great deal of disappointment,my wife suggested we cheer ourselves up with some souvenirs from the gift shop.This really lifted my spirits and it was with a smile on my face that I tried on hats looking for one my size.Yet another letdown.Now I'll be the first to admit that I have a slightly larger than normal head but it is hardly gargantuan!Even the largest hat felt like it was squeezing my brain to dust.My girlfriend managed to find a hat that fits her and now she walks around our house flaunting her wonderful headwear.She went and bought me a hat with a fish on it and wrote "Deep Sea World" on the brim but it's not the same.
The only good thing I can say about Deep Sea World is the beautiful car park.It really was a pleasure to park in.Otherwise,please sort things!

1  Thank Big-Al1334
AllanBer, Customer Care at Deep Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Good afternoon,

From reading your TripAdvisor review it seems as though you may have confused us with another attraction that you have visited. As our name suggests, we are an aquarium and therefore would be very unlikely display monkeys and lions as our focus is primarily on aquatic animals.

We do not currently stock hats in our gift shop, nor have we at any time in the past two years. Again, this leads me to believe that it was not our attraction that you visited.

Please check out our website. Hopefully that will help clarify whether you did in fact visit our aquarium, and please use the general enquiries e-mail address on there if you have any further concerns. We will be more than happy to help.

Many Thanks