“Exhibit good, cafe disappointing”
Review of Deep Sea World

Deep Sea World
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Sea World is located underneath the iconic Forth Rail Bridge, in the quaint village of North Queensferry. Deep Sea World is one of the premier attractions in Scotland, offering fun for the whole family, no matter what their age. Come along and see our spectacular underwater tunnel and come face to face with one of Europe's largest collection of Sand Tiger sharks and even dive with them...If you're feeling brave enough!
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Took my toddler here as thought it was somewhere she would enjoy and be able to walk around. It was busy due to school holidays. I thought there would be more fish and that the exhibit itself would be bigger, couldn't really see the seals in the murky water. Cafe was expensive for what I got which was a kids sandwich box, latte and cupcake, which was £9! Not sure I will be back as didn't feel like if was worth the money

1  Thank millerc34
AllanBer, Guest Relations Manager at Deep Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your views via the TripAdvisor website. It is good of you to share your experience as we tend to evaluate each of our client's comments as to ensure that we offer good value for money and a memorable day out.

Your comments will be passed on to the Managers and Directors of Deep Sea World and I am sure we will take into consideration your views on the restaurant prices.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. Finally, we are all glad to see that you liked the Exhibits.

Allan Berturelli

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a trip past here after Edinburgh Zoo. As huge fans of aquariums we go to a lot and this one was okay. It seems a little bit dated and not the largest but we still enjoyed the tunnel and exhibits they had. If you have a spare hour or so then head along.

Thank you for taking the time to to give us your views via the TripAdvisor website. We are all glad to see that you enjoyed your visit both in November 2013 and this year. I will distribute your comments to the rest of the team. Looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Ok place to keep the kids amused for an hour or 2 but for that kind of money you'd expect a bit more. DO NOT got to the cafe, what a total and utter rip off! If there is one thing that I just can't stand is being ripped off for rubbish coffee and juice for the kids especially when that is your only choice. For this reason alone I will never go back.

2  Thank Sara E

Thank you for taking the time to give us your views via the TripAdvisor website. It is good of you to share your experience as we tend to evaluate each of our clients comments as to ensure that we offer good value for money and a memorable day out.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Deep sea world had never changed since visiting when I was a child. It's extremley over priced for what you get for your money. You can see everything in less than an hour and it costs £13.50 for a standard ticket. Would not recommend it to anyone.

7  Thank hr147

Thank you for taking the time to give us your views via the TripAdvisor website. It is disappointing to see that you did not enjoy your visit at Deep Sea World. I will share your comments with the rest of the team and I will also pass this to our Managers and Directors of Deep Sea World. I am sure we will take into consideration your views whilst reviewing our prices.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

It has been quite a few years since we last visited this attraction.

Now I feel it is quite expensive and relatively basic. Don't think you can compare it to Sea World in Florida or other bigger attractions like this. You can't.

There does not seem to be a lot going on. We went to the "feeding the seals" session. Not much to keep you interested, in my opinion. The staff did try to coax the two seals out if the water but only one came, eventually. The staff coaxed it out right at the side of the pool area, closest to where some people were standing. So close in fact that the tier of people standing behind the first row had no chance of seeing anything that was going on, to be honest though on this session they did not miss much. There was information given by one of the staff which was of interest but I certainly would not call it a show.

Some areas of the attraction were in need of some maintenance or a general refresh.

Although there were quite a few water tanks with fish etc in them there was only static information boards. Quite a few if which are hard to read given the lighting in most areas.

There are no interactive screens, that I saw so the facilities are very basic. I have been to a few other attractions over the last few months and most of those had more interactive, talking information systems and some if these attractions were much lower cost or free.

The best part, by far, was the moving walkway which takes you under the big tanks to view the sharks, rays etc.

It is quite an expensive attraction, given the experience provided. I think it is £13.50/standard & £9.50/child under 12, I think. Is strongly suggest browsing the internet to see if you can find a voucher to reduce the cost, if you decide to give it a go.

We attended with our two nieces and using a voucher it still cost £40. A saving of £10.

In summary, if you have never been and have young children to take and you can find a voucher it might be worth a try, especially if it's raining, as it is mostly inside. I don't think there is a lot in it for adults so if your not planning on taking any children I'd consider something else like Blair Drummond Safari Park or other.

3  Thank JohnC_6877

Thank you for taking the time to give us your views via the TripAdvisor website. Your review it is most impressive and is good to see that you devoted a good amount of time on evaluating Deep Sea World. I have also noticed that your are a senior contributor of the TripAdvisor site so your comments have more value to us than individuals who have made just a few comments or even just one!

We tend to offer vouchers to families as Deep Sea World is keen to help our customers as much and as often as possible. Vouchers can be obtained through the local press or indeed by just making your purchase through our website. This way you can save up to £2.50 per person.

Thank you again for taking the time to review Deep Sea World.