“Visit on a Whim - Enjoyed Every Minute - Would love to go back!”

North Queensferry Harbour Light Tower
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited here on a whim. We had arrived from America and had gone to the train station in Edinburgh to purchase tickets for a trip to Perth (on a genealogy trek) and the lady who sold me the tickets recommended a short day trip over to North Queensferry (where she lived). She told me it was quite quaint, less crowds, etc. and thought I would enjoy it. So off we went. It was the BEST experience - the village is charming, the views of the Firth of Forth Bridge are Spectacular. There was a gentleman (volunteer) on duty that day and he was so knowledgeable and interesting. We, of course, loved his accent and were mesmerized by his stories about the bridge. We could not have asked for a more delightful experience.

2  Thank Sharon C

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We visited yesterday on a beautifully warm and sunny day. The harbour was lovely, stunning views and almost deserted. The lighthouse itself is easily accessible, small and perfectly formed! With an informative display in the tiny little information museum next door. The lighthouse has been beautifully restored with all working parts and for a donation of £5 you can light the beacon and receive a certificate which is a lovely touch and a fab souvenir for children. The staff running the lighthouse are fab, extremely friendly and helpful, more than happy for you to take as many photos as you like. Really lovely, out of the ordinary little place to visit.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Called at this village almost by accident! 21/5/14 It's by the side of The Firth of Forth Road Bridge (which is fantastic) The quaint light tower is just down by the harbour, where the boats are launched. It's free too, although I'm sure everyone must give a donation! It's unmanned,just go in and up the spiral staircase and mind your head! It's only the height of a single story building, I'm guessing 14-16 spiral steps? I'm not too good at 'stairs' with my dodgy knees,but it was fine. Its SO cute! Long may it be taken care of.

2  Thank Annie52
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is one of the most scenic locations in Scotland , a photo of the Harbour light Tower with the Forth Bridge in the background is beautiful

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Half term my friend & I gathered up our 3 grandchildren ages from 5 to 8 to do another Treasure Trail, it was a blustery day so we chose to do the hour long trail at North Queensferry, which is just a few miles out of Dunfermline

We all thoroughly enjoyed the morning and as its the fifth trail the children have done they are getting used to finding the clues. We had a delicious lunch at a small café on the route.

The route of course took us far longer than the hour because the children like to explore, we could have included Deep Sea World & a climb up the small light house if we had wanted to extend the day. This was a lovely way to explore this village under the Forth Rail Bridge