“Complimentary meal......”

The Queensferry Hotel
Edinburgh
“Complimentary meal......”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I have booked to hold our wedding with this hotel next year. From the moment we arrived the first time we viewed the hotel, we were treated fantastically!! On the wedding open night, Kelly and the team made us feel like they had all the time in the world for us and our families, even taking some to view rooms!! As we they were launching their new menu and because we paid our deposit on the night, they gave us a complimentary meal, which we think was so generous!! Anyway, we're just home after our meal and it was delicious!! The staff are so helpful and provided exactly the right level of privacy/attentiveness! Would go back again to try other things from the menu in a heartbeat! Great value and service, staff are lovely. We've made the right choice for our wedding venue!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura W
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us. We really appreciate such positive feedback and I have passed your kind comments onto the rest of the team.

I'm pleased that you have noticed the positive changes we are making - the new menu being just one of many. We look forward to helping to plan your wedding and celebrating your special day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Dingwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here one night but will be back. Staff are all very nice the rooms could maybe do with cheering up but nothing a coat of paint wont fix. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. We will definitely be going back. We were going to see War Horse and with the Park and Ride not far from hotel which is great for going into Edinburgh no need to worry about parking! and last bus is 11.55pm . All in all very good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarolineTodd_11
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us I'm pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay. The transport links into Edinburgh really are fantastic and are well worth it considering what you would pay to park. I have passed your kind comments on to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the queensferry hotel soon.
Tain
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel - perhaps not the most immaculate but very comfortable and very welcoming. The receptionist on duty the night we arrived (2 Feb) was awesome and she liked our dog! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us I'm pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay. I have passed your kind comments on to reception and the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the queensferry hotel soon.
Falkirk
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Saturday and Sunday stay had booked online DBB it was good value. Stayed in a Twin bedded room with a great view looking over the river Forth, the rooms were clean and had everything you could need for a comfy stay. The staff were really friendly and helpful the meals especially on the Saturday were nice with a good choice, breakfast was good as well with plenty of choice and good service. The only fault was the evening meals were a bit slow there was nothing wrong with the actual service it just seemed to take forever to get the meals to the tables if it had not
been for the slow evening meals I would have rated this hotel excellent. The hotel sits at the begining of the pedestrian footway over the Forth road bridge and the fife coastal path so there is some great walks. Will go back here as I enjoyed my stay,to sum up friendly staff, good food,comfy beds good views and some nice walks.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm please to read that you had such a pleasant stay. I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I'm still in my hotel room as I write this. Looking around, the room is very well presented but slightly tired. You can tell it looked classy 10 years ago. I walk to the walls and find marks everywhere and painted doors are grubby. I had an evening meal here last night and it was pretty uninspiring. I went for something off the early bird menu. The Scottish broth was ok, the steak pie tasted quite nice but the only side that came with it was a massive pile of peas??n(and a small bowl of chips). Like I say, fairly uninspiring. But...the one thing that gets me every time, and this is the thing that could turn a bad hotel into an average hotel, or an average hotel into a good hotel, is SERVICE! I waited, standing up, with staff well aware in the reception area which is visible from the bar, for 15 minutes until the young man decided that he better come serve me. That is the sole reason it gets a poor rating instead of an average.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lunchcritic1
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - guest feedback is very important in helping us to improve and develop. I'm sorry that you felt that the room was outdated we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I agree whole heartedly with your comments regarding service. I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage team who will be implementing further training to ensure that all service standards are met.

I hope that your experience has not deterred you to significantly and that with time you will return to The Queensferry Hotel again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Enjoyed our mid Christmas - New Year break here, staff were all very nice and rooms were really nice and I've read many comments about the decor being a bit tired, but they are shortly starting renovations. We would definitely recommend to friends and we intend to go back for next Christmas if not sooner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your Christmas Break with us - customer feedback is very important as a tool for training and development.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your kind comments to the rest to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just spent one night in this hotel attending the New Year Gala Night. We did enjoy the evening, and the band, Funktion Suite, worked very hard and had everyone on the dance floor. We did enjoy the evening, although the food could have been of a better quality.However, it was plentiful and arrived at the table hot.
The staff were very friendly and did everything they could to solve any problems that arose. That is, apart from a friend's bedroom which had no heating other than a small plug in electric fire! This problem was not resolved, even although it was brought to the attention of the management on several occasions. They were not even offered a refund or discount on the room, or a change of room.
Our room was spacious, very warm (our heating was working) but it was all a bit tired and drab.
The hotel is in a prime location, waterside overlooking the two bridges on the Forth, but, it does need renovating to bring it up to scratch. The potential is there.
We had breakfast, on New Year's day, which was very good, and plentiful and again, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
One other point, which should never have happened...the bar ran out of beer, and we gather there was only one barrel left in the whole hotel...on New Years Eve?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel customer feedback is very important in helping our team grow and develop. You are correct, some of the hotel is a little tired however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry hotel soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!