DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked in for 12 noon and there was a major clean up going on with hoover on. We were none the less welcomed and invited to have a seat at the window while the hoover was moved away. Two courses were very slow in arriving we didn't have second course till 1 o clock. First course was very good, the sour dough bread was toasted with a poached quails egg on top and my husband had a salmon cakes with a little salad. The send course was gnocchi with truffle oil and my husband had fish (Coley) and chips neither were particularly appetising however we carried on with coffees and cheese. The coffee came first and then the cheese so by the time we got round to drinking the coffees they were tepid. The three cheese were cheddar, brie and blue cheese all of which were very tasty. We felt as though we had walked into the wrong hotel and the staff were all talking among themselves, they didn't seem to pleased, but they were very good at serving us but it did take sometime.

Room Tip: we didn't stay in the hotel we only had lunch.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us. Guest feedback is vital in helping us grow and develop as a team.

I'm disappointed to read that you felt underwhelmed by your lunch with us, this is certainly not the norm. I can only apologise for the poor service you received and have passed your comments on to the Food and Beverage Manager to review with his staff.

I hope that this experience has not deterred you too heavily and hope to see you back in the North Shore Restaurant soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The Queensferry Hotel over the Easter Weekend. Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist with a sincere warn welcome.

We were allocated Room 101 which I hoped wouldn't be a bad omen. Quite the contrary!

En-suite room which was adequately featured with widescreen TV, coffee and tea making facilities.

A small niggle: Housekeeping was perhaps a bit sloppy. Beds weren't made daily neither was the room tidied. Windowsills were very dusty.
Fresh towels were supplied daily. Beds and pillows were comfortable. More pillows available upon request.

Decor Throughout the hotel was a bit tired and in need of some long overdue TLC.

Food: Breakfast the choices are endless
Can't comment on Dinner because we were out of an evening. Though the menu made interesting reading. Standards appeared to be quite high.

Bar area was relaxing with subdued lighting and tasteful decor. Sadly, the faux leather sofas were extremely uncomfortable because of the low back.
The bar was adequately stocked. Prices fairly standard as anywhere else. The young chap working behind the bar was chatty and personable.

Staff were genuinely pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. Mara (I hope I've spelled your name correctly) was a star. We liked her a lot.

Finally: if you're looking for a clean, nicely featured hotel run by lovely professional staff; The Queensferry Hotel would definitely be my first choice!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is vital in helping us grow and develop as a team.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team. I have passed on your comments regarding the housekeeping to our Front of House Manager who will investigate this further.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just back from an overnight stay with an itison voucher. We were welcomed by a very friendly receptionist. We were allocated room 214 as we had upgraded to a room with a view. Lovely big kingsize bed, room was large and clean. We had every thing we needed hair dryer, tea/coffee tray, safe, iron and iron board. When we phoned down to reception for extra milk an tea bags they were with us within 10 minutes, very efficient staff. We were booked in for dinner and even although the menu was streamlined for the itison crowd, they had a reasonable choice of menu. We chose the salmon croquettes they were superb, then the chicken breast in a cream sauce fantastic. My husband had the beef burger and chunky chips which was also brilliant. The dessert sticky toffee pudding, very light and delicious. The wine was a reasonable price.
All the staff were friendly, happy and very attentive. A special mention to a staff member 'Netta' in the restaurant at breakfast who was just so lovely and supportive and made our breakfast experience all the better. We will definitely be back.
The only negative was how we were made to feel different, such as a different menu at dinner and then asked at breakfast if were where 'itison offer' if you are you are told you can only have continental breakfast not any of the grilled food. I felt really embarrassed and made to feel different. I have gone on many itison offers and never left to feel different. I would rather pay a little more and given the same choices as the othe guests. Apart from that thank you to all the staff and management for a great stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a view, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and have passed on your kind comments to Netta and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Booked direct with hotel and got a great deal for Dinner bed and breakfast. From the moment I entered reception to checking out staff all very friendly.
Room was plenty big enough
Evening meal was very good (especially since it was included in the deal) and buffet breakfast was plentiful and good replenished when required.
Also as a runner was nice to run over the bridge next door - no traffic noise despite being so close to the bridge/ road.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TuftyBowker
Louisa C, Sales Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is vital in helping us develop.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, your right the walk across the bridge is fantastic. I have passed on your kind comments to the reception team and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My mother in law who is 90 and I have spent few nights here but the last visit has disgusted me prior to visit . We asked for nicer room with better few but given same room .then at lunch time meal was over an hour before getting .Evening meal on leaving room to go to dining room was not told lift was out order so had meal in room which we both did not enjoy over cooked . In morning had to get help from nice member of staff my mother in law had to walk downs stairs with i in front the kind member staff had to bring her wheel chair down stairs cause no other lift she was exhausted due having to hold on walk down as many stair .i send a email to them nearly two weeks ago still not had a reply I would so disgusted I feel sorry for the staff in the dining room who tried their best to make our stay welcome .lorraine boness

Stayed: April 2014

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor experience you have had whilst staying with us recently. The points you raise are far below the standard expected and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please can you contact me either by phone on 01383 410 000 or by email at sales@queensferryfifehotel.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Louisa

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is our 3rd short stay at the hotel and always find the staff to be very friendly and helpful and we fully intend to be back at again at some point this year. The rooms are clean and are a good size, the views in some parts are fantastic and would have no problems recommending to friends

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed fri & sat night the room was clean & spacious,staff friendly & very helpful especially reception but sat morning breakfast was a disaster feel the restaurant is maybe abit small 4 the size of the hotel! We went down for breakfast at 9.20 & there were people waiting 4 tables 4 breakfast & we ended up waiting 40 minutes 4 coffee & toast & had 2 ask a 2nd time our breakfast had been long eaten by then! Needless 2 say didn,t bother going 4 breakfast on sun morning! But the views especially from the restaurant are amazing!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is vital in helping us grow and develop.

I a little disappointed to read that you felt that breakfast service was slow, I have passed your comments on to the food and beverage team to investigate further. I'm pleased however that overall you enjoyed your time with us and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
Orocco Pier
#3 of 4 in South Queensferry
Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing? Share your experiences!