“Very good hotel and free car parking” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queensferry Hotel

The Queensferry Hotel
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel and free car parking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was very good has there free car parking. If you are coming here by bus from the Edinburgh airport catch 747 bus come over the bridge the frist bus stop get off there it is 3.00 pounds for the bus fare. The hotel room was very nice. I had a good sleep. Nice new TVs. very clean bathrooms, Nice tea/coffee tray with biscuits. Walk around the hotel and than the bridge you can walk on the bridge its free, Many years ago its would cost one pounds now its Free.
There good food in the hotel restaurant Called Noth Shore. I had the Steak burger with crispy bacon and hand cut chips (12 pounds) very nice and Sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla ice cream (5 pounds). The breakfast was very nice too with hot/cold breakfast.
All the staff were very friendly. Would I come back? Yes

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank rajesh4cat
Yvonne M, Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Rajesh4cat,
Thanks so much for your well rounded and very informative post. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and found my colleagues to be very friendly; also that you will be returning to us in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hungarian first
Buxton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Hotel seemed very run down. Our room was clean enough but was tired and well used. The window catch was broken and we could not leave it open for ventilation. The staff were pleasant but the service semed a little haphazard. The management seem aware of the problems and we understand it is to be renovated

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank EdandLiz
Yvonne M, Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi EdandLiz,

I am sorry to see that you scored us so lowly although from your comments I can better understand why. You are very correct in saying that we are due for a full hotel wide renovation over the coming months, which will be very exciting for us. I am pleased that you found the staff to be pleasant although it does concern me that you found the service to be a bit 'haphazard'. If you would like to discuss this further, please do contact me directly on operations@queensferryfifehotel.co.uk so that I can address these issues effectively. I do hope though, that we will see you back at the hotel in the future.
Thanks for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these North Queensferry hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We had only booked one night and having arrived very late was a good thing. So we only spent 8 hours there. The bathroom had black mold on the ceiling and a strong sickening smell. Also the room could have been cleaner.
They were apologetic but it should not have happened. Therefore I question the management of the hotel.
Overall the hotel is in a nice location but it is in need of a rephebishment. The breakfast was very good value and the staff we met were very pleasant and those were the points that forced our rating to average.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorraine T
Hi Lorraine,
From your comments I can see that you did not have an enjoyable time with us. Whilst I am pleased to see that you found the breakfast good value and the staff pleasant, I am very concerned about the room you describe. As you point out our rooms are not brand new, and are undergoing refurbishment, but we do generally pride ourselves on our cleanliness and friendliness. I would very much like to discuss some of the details of your stay with you and if you could contact me directly on operations@queensferryfifehotel.co.uk I would be much obliged. I am sorry that your room was of a poor standard, please rest assured that this is not a normal occurrence and our maintenance and housekeeping teams are working to ensure the rooms are at their best for customers.
dunston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived after six and were booked in by Leona who was extremely cheerful and helpful We were pleasantly surprised at our room yes it is date but it was spotlessly clean and the view( once we got used to the part of the roof we could) see was fabulous The restaurant was lovely and the view amazing The service on the first night started of well with Kirsty but when some other guests arrived whether they were friends or maybe vips who knows Kirsty lost interest in anyone else and stood talking to these people even when I walked over and asked her for some butter she rushed over plonked it on the table and rushed back to finish her conversation not once did she come and ask if we needed anything else Food was good apart from the batter on the fish which was very greasy but the fish itself was tasty.The steak pie which was fatty and had the most weird pastry on it and a very disappointing cheese board two of the smallest bits of cheese for six pounds was very over priced The rest of the food very good the mussels chicken and the belly pork went down well. The service from all of the other members of staff couldn't be faulted .All in all we had a very good stay at this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return We booked through Easy Breaks an d found this great value for money .I must mention Pauline and Scott who were very helpful . the gardens were beautiful even in the rain and the view of the bridges amazing.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kathersdunston
Dear katherdunston,

Firstly I want to say thank you for the well rounded summary of your stay, you have given me pride in certain members of our team and allowed me to address inconsistencies in others. Equally, Chef has taken on board your comments and amended some of the ways in which we prepare meals for our guests. I do hope that we will see you back at the hotel in the future, hopefully at a time when the sun is shining for you to better appreciate the views.
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Tonight On check in told busy night with a large party booked in and asked to book an available time slot in restaurant. Booked for 1945, an hour after arrival. Turned up just before appointed time, told running a bit late. 15 min wait to take order. 45 min later, now 2045, get told what I ordered is not available. Concluded if it takes 3/4 hour to work out the order can't be satisfied there is no point in complaining and walked out. I await the bill with interest to see if they charge me for the meal they could not provide.

I feel sorry for the staff, they get rushed off their feet and then get the flak from unhappy, and hungry, punters like me. By all means sleep there, just don't eat but then be prepared to take a taxi because it does not look as if there is anywhere else within easy walking distance; perhaps that's is why there seems to be little interest in having enough staff onsite to cook and serve food in a reasonable timescale.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
2 Thank Martin C
Dear Martin,
I am truly sorry that you experience such poor service in our restaurant on that particular Monday night. It is most definitely not our intention at the hotel to not be in a position to provide meals for our guests and to provide substandard service. Whilst I do not in any way wish to provide excuses for the poor treatment you received I can advise you that the issues that led to that particular situation that night have been resolved. I appreciate this does not undo the terrible inconvenience you faced but may go some way to assuring you it is most certainly not a regularity. My sincerest apologies once again.
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my partner and 5year old son.
First impressions of the hotel were great. Hotel looks lovely in the public areas and the bedrooms are spacious and well equipped. However the bed was very soft, which wasn't very comfortable.
Ate in the hotel restaurant, waited a while but there was a wedding on at the same time. Food okay, however very disappointed about the kids fish and chips. Plate was swimming in oil from the batter and chips - no wonder he didn't eat it.
This place could be great as has great views and is ideally situated, but needs a few tweeks here and there.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Fiona F
Yvonne M, Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Fiona F,

I am glad that you see the potential in the hotel. We are working very hard to ensure each of our guests has a memorable stay, for the right reasons. The views from the hotel's front rooms are very special and as we progress through our period of refurbishment over the next 12 months, the bedrooms will become fittingly comfortable and well appointed - also every room will receive a brand new mattress. With regards your dinner experience, you will likely have seen the similar comments relating to the fish and chips, this is something that is very disappointing for us and our Head Chef has taken as a personal challenge to ensure never happens again. I do thanks you for your comments, and hope that we will see you again once we have dealt with those tweaks.
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Both my husband and I are not nitpicky about food and are up for giving anything a go. We have just returned home from this restaurant. It was the worst meal we have had. As we saw other people being given table service, we presumed we would be the same for us but we had to order from the bar. It took at least twenty minutes for us to get our drink- which was a diet coke and a normal coke- not the most taxing drink to get two cans out of the fridge. We also had our toddler with us who thankfully was being extremely patient- the waitress seemed a bit confused about getting a highchair for her.

When the food did eventually arrive at approximately fifty minutes after we ordered it, we both found the battered fish and "homemade" chips to be very greasy and lacking in a decent amount of fish. Our toddler who normally eats anything was even turning it down. My husbands was well overcooked and mine was undercooked.

I would completely understand if the restaurant was busy, but it was us and perhaps four other small parties there. The service from the waitress was appalling. There were no checks given when we finally received our food- despite her doing it with other customers. There was no apology for the food being so late or any sort of excuse given- not even a goodbye as we left with our toddler still trying to eating the food.

I will not be returning and advise anyone that enjoys good food and good service to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Dear jajM85,

I was terribly disheartened to have read your review following your experience in our restaurant/lounge. I am truly sorry that yourself and your family had such a poor experience with both the service and the food quality. Having just received another very similar review, I am concerned that an area upon which we normally pride ourselves has provided so much discontent. I would very much like to know a few more further details of your experience such as dates & times so that I can better understand what happened and go a way to ensuring that this does not become a common place issue. My email address is operations@queensferryfifehotel.co.uk.
Once again, please accept my sincerest of apologies and know that I take all comments regards our guest service very seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,779 reviews
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!