“Stunning”

US$52.46*
Stirling Castle,Trossachs National and Loch Lomond Day Tour from Edinburgh
US$626.87*
and up
Day Trip to St Andrews Dunfermline and the Fife Coast in a Private Minibus from...
US$48.43*
St Andrews and Fife Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I crossed the bridge back in 1987 as a child. I returned this month during a visit to friends in Glasgow. We couldn't park in South Queensferry but this was actually a good thing as we had a super lunch in a cafe in North Queensferry. Enjoyed a walk around North Queensferry including down to a little bay area, ideal for launching a kayak! Would love to return early morning to get parked in South Queensferry and enjoy a day mooching, looked to be some great eateries to sample too.

We took many photos of both bridges, I believe a new one is also under construction. Such big bridges and very busy too.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was also marked as must visit place in my itinerary. Its really an engineering marvel. The best view was from the flight window before arriving Edinburgh.

To reach this place you can take taxi or a local train from Wverley Station. The return ticket will cost nothing. From station you can enjoy walking on one of the beautiful colony and the woods to reach the palce for best view.

Near the station there is one canteen where you can buy snacks.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have had the privilege of living below The Forth Bridge for nearly 21 years and have even been to the top as my husband and I won a guided tour 3 years ago
I really delighted that it is going to be recognised as one of the Wonders of the World and would recommend a visit if only to take a picture.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We cross the bridge nearly every day by car,but if one wants a walk experience I would suggest parking your car at South Queensferry then walk over to the North side and then back.
Tip take a wind proof jacket and the best is to do the walk in the sunshine and you get very good views of the second road bridge taking shape!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

lovely view of the rail bridge at night when its all light up I stayed in the albert hotel with the bridge view out my window