“Great setting and outstanding service”

BEST WESTERN Kinloch Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackwaterfoot
London
“Great setting and outstanding service”
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

A really stunning peaceful location. All staff very friendly and welcoming. Room immaculate and freshly decorated. No frills but comfortable for a one night stop. Restaurant meal excellent value including very good house white. All round great value.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
braco
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I choose to B&B in the village and went to the hotel for my dinner,Oh! how i wished i had stayed there.
The staff were wonderful, helpful, smart, smiling,Well done to you all.
My food came without too much of a wait and what a portion of haddock and chips I had.! GINORMOUS, but as it was so good and freshly cooked i cleaned my plate.
Great value for money.For a Thursday night it was pretty busy.
I will certainly stay there next year when i go back.
KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING.!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 246aberdonian
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Probably the best customer service I’ve experienced in any hotel I’ve stayed in. The staff are young and enthusiastic, friendly, chatty, smiling, helpful and switched on. This is so rare in the UK that it really strikes you within the first couple of hours of being here. Is it excellent training, or have they just found a secret supply of people who seem to really enjoy and have enthusiasm for their jobs?? Who knows, but I loved it, they really made this hotel a pleasure to stay in. I was in a group of 50 on a walking/cycling long weekend and the hotel coped admirably! The food is excellent – tasty and freshly cooked dinners, given the difficulty of coping with a party of 50 at the same time. Breakfast was also great – with a good choice, fresh hot buffet and generous supplies of good strong coffee. The rooms seem to have recently been decorated so all was smart and clean. I highly recommend a stay here if you’re visiting Arran.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FiMacEdin
Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Just back from my second visit, staying in the Drumadoon suite. Once again, the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The suites are great value for money and spotlessly clean. I like the added touches such as dishwasher tablets etc. We eat twice in the bar and again the food was as good as I remembered from my previous visit. There were 7 in my party and each night everyone had a great meal. Other family members stayed in a hotel room which was roomy, excellent views and very clean. They felt that the quality of food at breakfast was excellent. I only had one wee bit of feedback for the hotel when we left, please fit a doorbell in this suite as you can't hear the door when in the sittingroom. Would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ClareypopsEdinburgh
Roslin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The staff are brillient, even keeping the swimming pool open 15mins extra for us. They even agreed to send a copy of the local newspaper me after winning the Isle of Arran half marathon while staying. Breakfast was great, bright room and great service. Hotel bar is good and food great too. Would definitely stay again and for £68 a night for a double and sea view its great. They even fitted a DVD player for us prior to arrival upon request :-) Thanks alot.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and if you need a DVD player just ask, they might have one!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neil R
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed Friday to Monday and dined there all 3xnights.
Food was good...service excellent...rooms very clean and tidy but above all a nice QUIET hotel at night and in the mornings.
A special THANKS to all the hard working staff who made our stay very pleasent.

Room Tip: Room 32 overlooks the sea
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill186525
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

A whimsical notion to begin our holidays with a first time visit to Arran resulted in us booking a 2 night stay in Kinloch - I have to say that our original plan was to use some Tesco vouchers but then discovered a fabulous offer on the hotel's website including Dinner B.and B.-PLUS the ferry crossing from Ardrossan - amazing ! Tickets for ferry arrived two days later.From the minute I spoke with the girls on reception I just had a feel good feeling about our trip - we were not disappointed- the helpful friendly staff , standard of accomodation - (a real room with a view ,the sea just a stone's throw from our bedroom) the food in both bar and dinning room were absolutely second to none. It was a delight to be there and to return to after exploring the island . They even laid on three spectacular days of fine weather!!!
While we were there, a young member of staff took time to show us the self -catering suites on the top floor - stunning , would definitely consider trying these too.
Cannot speak highly enough of this wonderful hotel, our experience and the welcome that made us feel very at home .
Thankyou to all of you , we hope to return soon !

Room Tip: Would definitely ask firstly for a sea view -it's amazing.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hazel M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwaterfoot
Auchrannie Resort
#1 of 1 in Kilmory
Kildonan Hotel
Kildonan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kildonan

Been to BEST WESTERN Kinloch Hotel? Share your experiences!