“Fab place to stay”

The Shorehouse
Longhorsley, United Kingdom
“Fab place to stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed at Shorehouse Cottage with my 2 girls and 2 dogs for 3 nights May. The cottage was ideal, clean and comfortable and spacious. The owners were very friendly as was "Archie" their lovely Spaniel. The garden was great for the dogs to have a quick run out, first thing in the morning. The cottage was ideally placed in Brodick with the beach, walks and cafes on your doorstep. We had a great holiday my only regret is we didn't stay longer but there's always next year.

Room Tip: The cottage is great for anyone with childen or pets as it has its own entrance so you don't dis...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Woodfinefamily

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glasgow
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Found this accommodation on late rooms, booked a few days in advance and found it to be very good and laid back, just like Arran. A good base to explore the island without breaking the bank. Close to all the amenities in Brodick

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cruachan30
Cedar Hill, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My sweetie and I had booked at stay in a studio apartment. before we arrived I received an email asking what time we were arriving so the room would be ready. Not only did we get to check in early but when we arrived she had upgraded us to apartment 3 which is much bigger and has a wonderful view. The apartment was very clean and well stocked. We loved it so much we stayed an extra night and she gave it to us at the same rate. Our hostess Sheila was wonderful. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Before booking I emailed the shores directly, they got back with me very quickly and answered all my...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janie A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have stayed on three occasions over the past couple of years, my last stay being October. I always look for a laid back, exploration of Arran. The Shorehouse in Brodick is always great, central base.
No car necessary as bus connections from the ferry port are reliable and dependable.
The accommodation is clean, great value for money and offering terrific views over the Bay - just as it says on the box!
Will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment to the front for great views
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank tom c
Poznań
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My sister with her family stayed in apartment No 2 for 4 nights. We spent much time together there, because weather was not the best. In Shorehouse everything was perfect: cozy and clean rooms, good equipped kitchen, gorgeous mountain and sea views, helpful owner who brought us two additional chairs... I can definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank danutekg
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My partner and I have recently returned from a short break on Arran where we stayed in appt 6 at the Shorehouse. It was a fantastic place, ideally located and provided everything we needed for our self-catering break. we could not have asked for more, the apartment was spotlessly clean, spacious and had lots of storage in the bedrooms. everything we needed was provided including dishtowels, clingfilm, dishwasher tabs, the lot and a good supply of clean fluffy towels. Tom and Sheila were the perfects hosts, always available with friendly advice and left us to enjoy our holiday. we would highly recommend the shorehouse for anyone wishing to take a break on the lovely island of Arran. this was my first visit and I will most certainly be back (at the shorehouse if they have availability).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Audrey M
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Disgraceful!! This place is an extreme health hazard, with the owners blatant disregard of hygiene and health and safety! I ripped a hole in my thick shoes due to a nail on the edge of the doorway, the place stinks of damp and dog and mould. The bathroom is horrendous, the kitchen is rank, and nowhere near equipped as stated. The owners couldn't care less , the information leaflet is very condescending, and to top it off , they want you to clean up and even take your own bins out after your stay!!! If your going away for a short break, your paying them to do these things! I would advise this place was knocked down as it hasn't seen a lick of paint since the 16th Century and is an embarrassment to Arran! DO NOT STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank bennnnyb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
Auchrannie Resort
#2 of 16 in Brodick
Ormidale Hotel
Ormidale Hotel
#4 of 16 in Brodick

Been to The Shorehouse? Share your experiences!