“Lovely food”

eighteen69
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Brodick
Price range: US$27 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: eighteen69 is Auchrannie’s Scottish tapas restaurant serving a wide range of small plates in a relaxed, informal environment. The restaurant is located in the glasshouse and lounges of the Country House Hotel. Customers are encouraged to choose and share a selection of small dishes from the extensive menu. As well as being open for dinner, guests can enjoy a wide range of speciality cocktails, wines, spirits and beers – making eighteen69 the perfect venue for either a full meal or just a drink and some nibbles.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had the pleasure of a meal in this restaraunt,scottish tapas on offer which was well explained and extensive. Food quality was fab, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Ate twice here , this is now a scottish tapas restaurant , we loved the food , can't even decide which was the best , two of our party were gluten free and they adapted to suit them also , staff were lovely and the manager very friendly so we felt very comfortable eating here and the surroundings are beautiful

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Personally I am not fond of Tapas and prefer the Fine Dining experience and regularly visit a few fine restaurants across Scotland. The food and wine was excellent (as usual) and the staff very helpful but I and the rest of my party felt disappointed with the new concept. The selection of available dishes was extensive but seemed to arrive willy-nilly. I heard some customers comment that they thoroughly enjoyed the concept and it certainly allowed customers to try lots of different dishes but to our party it seemed like "party food".

Don't let my review put you off trying eighteen69 because I am sure many people will thoroughly enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

First impressions were good. Very friendly staff gave us a choice of tables, we chose to eat in the conservatory which was a beautiful room room with a lovely outlook. We had the menu explained to us and were advised that 3-4 tapas dishes per person would suffice and they would be brought to the table randomly as they were ready. I have eaten tapas on many occasions in different locations in Spain but have never seen such small portions as were served here. The quality of the food was very good but the portion size in relation to the price was frankly a rip off. There were 3 of us dining and I was the only person to have alcohol (1 glass of wine) yet our bill was just short of £100 and we all left disappointed and still feeling hungry!

RS_General_Manager, Manager at eighteen69, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thanks for posting a review following your recent visit to eighteen69. I apologise that you were disappointed, and as we take our guests' opinions seriously, I will pass on your comments to our chefs. However, I was surprised by your comments, as the majority of our guests have said that the portions are too large! I do hope that you will return to Auchrannie next time you visit Arran.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent choice & tasted lovely. Great opportunity to have a range of food rather than 1 main dish. Presentation beautiful, service just right - prompt when require, respectful when not. Not stuffy, friendly & professional. Maybe we have small appetites but the suggestion of 3-4 dishes per person was too much for us. Suggest ordering a couple each & see how you go - can always order extra. Lots of local produce on offer, all of high quality. The quality of the food matched the price. Wonderful way to celebrate.