“Wonerdful Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brodick
Auchrannie House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brodick
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Wonerdful Stay”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful 3 day break at Auchrannie. We were recommended to stay and assured that we wouldn't be disappointed. Auchrannie more than lived up to our expectation, from the time of our arrival to a very warm welcome right through to our checkout. The staff were outstanding, nothing was ever too much trouble and they always made sure that we had everything that we needed.
We stayed in the main hotel in a lovely clean, comfortable room overlooking Goat Fell. We especially enjoyed the ambience and atmosphere, sitting in front of the coal fire in the lounge with a good book and a drink in the evening - so very relaxing! The main house seems more suited to those looking for a quiet relaxing time. There is also accommodation in the Spa building.
We ate both in the Cruize and Brambles restaurants. Cruize is more informal, bright, light and very well suited for families, we enjoyed the breakfast choice there. The food in both restaurants is very good. In the evening our preference was to dine in Brambles where we enjoyed the more intimate atmosphere and we loved the food.
With a choice of 2 pools, a fitness centre and a spa, there is plenty to keep you occupied and pampered! Children are very well catered for too with facilities including a great play barn, teen zone and snooker room. In other words, something for all ages.
Arran is a lovely island and well worth a visit with very friendly helpful residents.
They say that Auchrannie is addictive - we certainly found it to be so and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Largs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I chose to celebrate my birthday by experiencing a full day at the ASPA with an overnight stay the night before and after. The ASPA is brilliant, very relaxing surroundings, great treatments and very friendly and attentive staff - a real treat after which I felt very pampered. I also enjoyed morning swims in the Hotel swimming pool. I stayed in an executive double room in the Hotel and it was very nice; nice décor, comfortable, well appointed. The Hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful on my arrival and throughout my stay. I dined in the Brambles restaurant, again very friendly and helpful staff and the food was excellent. I didn't feel uncomfortable being a single diner as can sometimes be the case in restaurants. During my short stay I enjoyed the ASPA day the best. The only thing I was disappointed in was the £5 per tray charge applied if you wanted to have room service in the evening.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
glasgow
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a few days mid-february and we had a fantastic time. Staff are so friendly and helpfull! Rooms are great and the bathroom was amazing. Brambles restaurant is amazing so definetly try there (I recommend the steak). Perfect location for bueatifull walks:)! Will be back again

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Burnley
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Having just spent a week on The Isle of Arran, has staying in this superb hotel made it a most wonderful experience. Our room number 3 was totally exquisite, the food was delicious, well presented and served.especially breakfast with porridge. We were fortunate to see the sea otters and golden eagles, as well as red deer and seals. Although the weather was a little wet, it did not detract from the wonderful scenery. We also visited Arran Distillery at Lochranza, which we recommend,whether your taste for scotch whisky is in your scope of pleasures or not, as the distilling of it is most interesting to all we feel sure. Go on spoil yourself and visit this wonderful Island

Room Tip: Room 3 is spacious with its bay window. Quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were booked to stay in the Auchanrannie as i was photographing a wedding on Saturday the 22nd of feb. This hotel is fantastic, the staff are so helpful and friendly, this helps with the overall peaceful atmosphere of the place. The choice of three restaurants is great as it caters for familys with children and also couples away for a nice weekend. Food and service was great and i especially loved the swimming pools, theres a choice of two and they are well kept and a good size.The rooms are stunning and so comfy, I was so comfy i didnt want to leave! We will definitely be coming back to stay, we feel we even though we have seen everything on Arran, we will come back just to stay here as its so nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
scotland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I bought a Groupon deal in December 2013 and opted for the 2 night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast option. I'd never been to Arran before and the trip was a while new experience. My family are regular visitors and love Auchrannie and so I was really looking forward to my first trip to Arran. I wasn't disappointed!! In fact, it exceeded my expectations!!

After reading some reviews that the Spa Resort is more suited for families and the House Hotel building is more suited for couples... they were not wrong. The House Hotel was perfect for a romantic break.

We had a lovely corner bedroom which was so spacious! We were delighted with the bathroom! It was so freshly renovated, with a walk in shower and lovely basin. It was so modern and clean and equipped with some Arran Aromatics. We also had a mini bar, which was handy for our bottles of water and juice :)

We were equally delighted with the pool in the House Hotel. It was very quiet and relaxing, with dim lights... it looks lovely in the evening. There are a steam room and sauna too. The only downside is that the 'jacuzzi' is not warm water. It joins onto the pool and is the same temperature, calling it a 'turbo spa' instead. The pool and changing rooms were very clean. We visited the Spa Resort pool area too and this was where families mainly visited. It has a few chairs and tables around the pool for spectators too.

The breakfsast at Cruize is amazing!! My boyfriend was in his element with the 'All you can eat' cooked buffet!!! I'm sure it would go down well with most guys!!

We booked dinner in The Brambles restaurant, which had a lovely atmosphere. There were a couple of tables with high backed chairs, which looked very romantic. The Seafood platter is absolutely to die for!! Totally recommended!

The spa was so luxurious.. the relaxation room was gorgeous and so relaxing! It had a lovely aroma too! My massage was one of the best I've had.

We had some lovely views from the hotel bedroom and decided to go for a long walk to see a bit of Brodick. It was a short distance to the beach, which was lovely to stroll along towards Brodick Castle. The castle wasn't open (in December), but we were able to walk around the gardens. There were some lovely views! On the way back, we dropped into Arran Aromatics and bought a few Christmas presents. There are some bargains to be had at the back of the shop, in the 'bargain buckets'! :) I'd love to go back in the warmer weather.

The whole trip was just amazing.. it was a lovely few days, so relaxing and romantic for a couple. It was gorgeous around Christmas time too, with the large tree in the reception lounge and sitting having a drink by the cosy fire. My boyfriend loved it too and I he has now been converted to spa hotels!

I can see why it's so popular with families too, with the separate pool area, playbarn and teen zone. It's cleverly thought out. In fact, it's no wonder Auchrannie have won TripAdvisor Number 1 UK Family Hotel!!

Room Tip: Recommend the House Hotel for couples as it's quiet and romantic. Corner room was so spacious!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a wonderful time at Auchrannie Hotel. From the moment we arrived everyone treated us as if we were the only ones there. All the staff were very well trained and polite , nothing was to much trouble. We thought that Brambles was one of the best dining experiences we have had . We will be back .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
Auchrannie Resort
Kilmichael Country House Hotel
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride

Been to Auchrannie House Hotel? Share your experiences!