“Great value on the Isle of Arran”

Belvedere Guest House
Ranked #5 of 16 Brodick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for one night in February. I was traveling solo, so I opted for the least expensive room at the Belvedere, and it met my needs well. Great value for a clean, comfortable room. Chris & Jan, the innkeepers, couldn't have been more accommodating.

The Belvedere is a 5-minute walk from the ferry depot and Brodick's small business district. I was catching the early ferry, which ran before their scheduled time for breakfast, so they knocked 5 pounds off of my room rate. At 30 pounds for the night, I don't think I could have done better.

Arran is stunningly beautiful & I hope to return many times. This is where I'll stay whenever I'm back for the comfort, convenience, friendliness, and value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Couldn't have asked for more at this lovely B&B. Owners gave a warm welcome at our arrival and were very helpful! Location great. Loved my room, felt very at home. Comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and with beautiful views of the bay.
Surprised at options available for breakfast: great!
Would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights in the guest house. Its located one street back from the front street and up a hill which means the front bedrooms have beautiful views. The owners were polite and friendly. The guest house was clean and had a nice homely feel with a selection of reading books in the room and many toiletries in the bathroom. One suggestion I would have is for the wifi code to be added to the guest info book ( not sure if I just missed it though). I could have asked just didn't remember when speaking to the owners. The bedding was good quality which was nice for a good nights sleep. I was away too early for breakfast so I had breakfast delivered to my room the night before, a lovely fruit salad. The decor was thought out and co-ordinated suited to a less modern taste. Overall a pleasent stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

These folks have their b+b run down to a T! Some people won't like being asked roughly what time they'll be checking in or deciding on a breakfast time or deciding what they'll have for breakfast the next day but it's clear it's done to make the place run efficiently. We had a room overlooking the bay at Brodick and it was just amazing. The room decor wasn't to my taste but the bed was really comfortable. Walking to any of the many restaurants along the sea front would only take a few minutes although the b+b is up a short steep hill which some less able people may struggle with. Breakfast was fantastic. We were introduced the other guests so we were all chatting about what we were going to do and exchanged tips (and in our case a map!) Food was plentiful and to a very high standard

Room Tip: Get the sea view room you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I loved this B&B with well kept gardens in a commanding position for views to the sea.
My room was a double, though booked for one person, and the view from my window was just magnificant, and what a lovely room it was with a very comfortable bed, soft furnishings good long dressing table which also served as a writing desk, quite spacious and with an excellent bathroom, television, and very good breakfast too. Couldn't ask for better. The position was also good in one of the quieter streets well abve the esplanade and only about a 7 minute walk to the ferry. The staff/owners always friendly, polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea if tht's what you'd like, but I think all rooms would be of t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Belvedere while attending a wedding on the Island. Our room had fantastic views of Brodick Harbour.We had an en-suite room which was nicely decorated .
Great choice of breakfasts with plenty tea & coffee.
Owners were very pleasant

Room Tip: Not all rooms are En-suite..
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed overnight as cycling round Arran didn't want to get up really to get ferry on Saturday.Jan and Chris very friendly .The room I stayed in very comfy reasonable size clean not on suite could have paid for it chose not to.Shared bathroom close good shower. Choice of breakfast had full Scottish excellent.when we stay on Arran again will stay here

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
The Douglas Hotel
#6 of 16 in Brodick
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#3 of 6 in Whiting Bay

Been to Belvedere Guest House? Share your experiences!